Sponsored by:

G55 Conversion to LPG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 G55 Black with Tan Designo, Charcoal wood accents. Volvo S60R
G55 Conversion to LPG?

My quest for a RHD Diesel G class post 2004 seems impossible as they were made only till 2001.

So the next idea I had was to convert a RHD G55 to LPG, however is it possible with playing around with the sensors and other aspects of the car?

Woul love to hear your opinions.

S
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
I'm assuming you aren't planning on using this in Kuwait, otherwise you wouldn't need RHD or switch away from petrol.

My suggestion is to get a diesel RHD SUV or a Hybrid and don't ruin an AMG by trying to convert it to LPG...especially one that has a supercharger!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:08 AM

2006 G55 Black with Tan Designo, Charcoal wood accents. Volvo S60R
Hi

I've been reading your posts for a while and I've really enjoyed them, they helped me understand the whole G ownership experience and motivated me to get my first one, so thank you.

I'm planning on getting a second G preferrably used for my second home in Pakistan. I would love to get a brand new RHD G55 from the UK but at GBP 109,000 and being a very thirsty monster its not feasible as it is. So a used RHD G55 or G500 converted to LPG is the only viable option that I can think of.

It would have been ideal if I could have purchased a used 2004 or 2005 G320Cdi but none exist. Apparently production for RHD Gs have ended in 2001.

So I'm just trying to get other G owners opinions.

Thanks again.

Salman

Originally Posted by jimmyg
I'm assuming you aren't planning on using this in Kuwait, otherwise you wouldn't need RHD or switch away from petrol.

My suggestion is to get a diesel RHD SUV or a Hybrid and don't ruin an AMG by trying to convert it to LPG...especially one that has a supercharger!