Sponsored by:

'05 G55 radiator fan issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 G55, '06 Gallardo Spyder, '03 Murcielago, '12 GT-R, '07 Chevy
'05 G55 radiator fan issue

Anyone had issues with their fan not turning on? About a month ago mine started to overheat and then the engine restricted itself. If I kept moving the temps would be fine and stay around 85C, with 80 being normal under all circumstances previously. Once home I left it idling and noticed the electric fan never came on. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the fan among other things and said she's ready to go. I pick it up, flip the A/C off and go driving. As I sit in a drive-thru the heat starts to creep up again, 85, 90. I'm thinking how the hell could the dealer have not noticed it was still not fixed, so I remember the A/C and turn it on, I hear the fan click on and then the temp drops back down to 80 and holds there like it used to.

So, before I go taking it back in, anyone know if this could be a fuse issue and they just missed one when dealing with the overall issue? Or something else simple? With my schedule it's a pain to take in, which is why it sat for a month before I did it last time, and I'd rather not driving around with the A/C on needlessly all the time.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55 AMG
duno but i think when it goes to the limit of 90c its very very normal for me becouse i live in very hot country a.k.a Kuwait, so usually that's my car tempreture in the afternoon !