My 2009 G55 in Mystic White

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55, E63
My 2009 G55 in Mystic White

Picked this up last month!

I traded in my black 08 G55 for this 09 I special ordered back in June. I was told that this is the first G55 in Mystic White that has rolled out of the plant in Graz.

This color was launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show back in September 07.

Hope you like it
Attached Thumbnails My 2009 G55 in Mystic White-optimized.img_0048.jpg   My 2009 G55 in Mystic White-optimized.img_0051.jpg   My 2009 G55 in Mystic White-optimized.img_0054.jpg  
Old 02-13-2009, 11:44 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Nice, very good looking vehicle. I am considering ordering a G55 in designo platinum black with mystic red interior, but haven't made up my mind yet. The color you selected looks great, but there are too many white G55's in Dubai already so I want something a bit different.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Looks awesome...but I can't imagine how hard that is going to be to keep clean.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G55
what a beauty!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:52 PM

2004 Pathfinder
mabrouk man. thats one sweet ride.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:11 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Nice ride!!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:04 AM

G55, E63
Originally Posted by jimmyg
Nice, very good looking vehicle. I am considering ordering a G55 in designo platinum black with mystic red interior, but haven't made up my mind yet. The color you selected looks great, but there are too many white G55's in Dubai already so I want something a bit different.
I had considered going for the Platinum Black, but the problem was my 08 was in Black, so I wanted to change... as for the interior, my 08 had the same exact interior leather (porcelain white) and the black poplar wood...I thought about going for the Red, but the thing is, the Red interior is not done at the Graz G-class assembly facility...it's actually outsourced to a leather works company. MB gets all their special order leather works done there. They do perfect work, but its an extra 2-3 months delay, and I wasn't too sure about a bright red interior....it's really bright! kind of like lipstick red.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:07 AM

G55, E63
Originally Posted by Timeless
Looks awesome...but I can't imagine how hard that is going to be to keep clean.
My 08 had the same interior....it's actually not too bad...every 6 months or so, it takes me about 10 minutes or so to clean the driver's seat...

Last edited by Hiper; 02-14-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
looks great...congrats
Old 02-15-2009, 11:34 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Do you have any pics of this combo? I can't find any and the config does not work for the G55. If not, how does it differ from regular black and is the red different from the berry red in the sl55?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:30 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Here's a pic of a Platinum Black G-wagen:

Actually, this is a pic of the new G500 EDITION30 model, launched to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the G-Class. Here's some more info on this model which I believe is only available in Europe:

With the special EDITION30 model based on the G 463 series, Mercedes-Benz is once again demonstrating the possibilities of the G-Class with respect to comfort and prestige. Externally, this long-wheelbase G 500 Station Wagon is distinguished by a designo platinum black paint finish, specially designed light-alloy wheels and EDITION30 lettering on the wings. The interior of this G 500 impresses with designo leather in the colour "chablis" and designo trim in anthracite poplar wood.

There is also a new G280 EDITION30.PUR based on the W461 body available with two levels of off-road trim:

Last edited by jimmyg; 02-17-2009 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Added more details.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:06 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Looks more like a graphite color than black in the picture, is that correct? Also, do you have a shot of the red leather? I had a black/red bentley and it turned out great. Not a fan of the benz berry red though, is it different?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Still trying to find a picture of designo mystic red leather, which from my memory is very dark...nothing like berry red. I did find a closeup picture of designo platinum black:

Old 02-19-2009, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
beautiful car...perfect if no kids and drive it only on sunny days on nice roads...that way it won't get dirty
PL
Old 02-19-2009, 04:48 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Still trying to find a picture of designo mystic red leather, which from my memory is very dark...nothing like berry red. I did find a closeup picture of designo platinum black:

The guy above says it is a bright lipstick red.(I am thinking the red in a new porsche) Just trying to see if it is that color or a darker burgandy color. Its nice to see Gwagens with new interior choices. White/ porcelain would make a great cabriolet!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 AM

G55, E63
Originally Posted by Juice it
The guy above says it is a bright lipstick red.(I am thinking the red in a new porsche) Just trying to see if it is that color or a darker burgandy color. Its nice to see Gwagens with new interior choices. White/ porcelain would make a great cabriolet!
The MB dealer here has actually imported many Gs with the "bright lipstick red". Again, its not a standard MB interior color as I had mentioned earlier... They send the car out to a leather works company that MB officially deals with and get the car done there. Its very similar to the Porsche Carrera Red interior though a bit brighter... closer to Ferrari's Rosso as opposed to the Burgundy.

They've even done some 09 Gs and ML63s with a full carbon fiber interior, which i've seen in person and look great!

As for the G Cabriolet, I saw one in white with the porcelain interior last Summer in Cannes, and it looked great! It had Saudi plates on it.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 AM

G55, E63
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
beautiful car...perfect if no kids and drive it only on sunny days on nice roads...that way it won't get dirty
PL
LOL I actually am the complete opposite... Got a 2 year old with another on the way, drive it in dust/rainy conditions, and love to get it dirty! Thats the beauty of a light metallic color, swirl marks don't appear easily so you can wash it without worrying about any scratches that show up on darker colors. As for the interior, a little rubbing with some leather cleaner every couple of months turns it back to new!

As for driving on nice roads, I admit that I worry about taking it off-roading... I've got a another SUV for that
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
nice whip man
Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 PM

2013 G 63 AMG
Originally Posted by Juice it
Here's are the designo colors available for the 2009 G-Class in Europe and the Middle East:
Attached Thumbnails My 2009 G55 in Mystic White-gclass-2009-designo-leather.jpg  
Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Here's are the designo colors available for the 2009 G-Class in Europe and the Middle East:

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:16 AM

SUPER NICE! nice choice.. nice nice nice...
Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 AM

G55, E63
Again, as I had stated earlier twice, it is NOT a MB interior color. Meaning neither a standard color NOR a designo color. MB will do any interior color you want, if you pay the right price. It's outsourced to a leather works company in Germany.

If anybody's interested in getting more information on the exact color, PM me and I'll be happy to look into the exact name and cost of it. I think it was around $9,000 for the bright red leather interior. They also do custom carbon fiber interiors in place of the wood panels. Your local dealer can arrange all of that prior to delivering the car to you. It takes about an additional 6 weeks on regular lead time to get the custom interiors.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:00 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Again, as I had stated earlier twice, it is NOT a MB interior color. Meaning neither a standard color NOR a designo color. MB will do any interior color you want, if you pay the right price. It's outsourced to a leather works company in Germany.
Hiper. I have just verified with the senior purchase manager at Gargash - Mercedes Benz (http://www.gargash.mercedes-benz.com/) that designo mystic red is a standard (no extra charge) color for the 2009 G55 AMG. There is no extra lead time on this color, and it is deep red, almost maroon as shown in the color chart I attached to my message above. This color leather, along with all other standard designo color leathers, are fitted at the Magna-Steyr factory in Graz (Austria) where the G-Class is built. Perhaps you are thinking about the "berry red" color that some other people mentioned available in some US cars.

You are right in that almost any color is possible via a third party leather supplier that Mercedes works with; but this must be arranged via the AMG Manufaktur service. They will even build a G65 V12 bi-turbo for an extra fee, and many other custom options are available for both the interior and exterior. The lead times are very high for these because the vehicle must first be transported from the factory in Austria to AMG in Germany to get these modifications done.

Feel free to consult the 2009 G-Class brochure (Europe & ME) to verify what I have said:
http://www.sosnowiec.mercedes-benz.p...Off-roader.pdf
Old 03-04-2009, 04:25 PM

G55, E63
Hiper. I have just verified with the senior purchase manager at Gargash - Mercedes Benz (http://www.gargash.mercedes-benz.com/) that designo mystic red is a standard (no extra charge) color for the 2009 G55 AMG. There is no extra lead time on this color, and it is deep red, almost maroon as shown in the color chart I attached to my message above. This color leather, along with all other standard designo color leathers, are fitted at the Magna-Steyr factory in Graz (Austria) where the G-Class is built. Perhaps you are thinking about the "berry red" color that some other people mentioned available in some US cars.

You are right in that almost any color is possible via a third party leather supplier that Mercedes works with; but this must be arranged via the AMG Manufaktur service. They will even build a G65 V12 bi-turbo for an extra fee, and many other custom options are available for both the interior and exterior. The lead times are very high for these because the vehicle must first be transported from the factory in Austria to AMG in Germany to get these modifications done.

Feel free to consult the 2009 G-Class brochure (Europe & ME) to verify what I have said:
http://www.sosnowiec.mercedes-benz.p...Off-roader.pdf

Obviously we're not talking about the same color. I've stated many times that the color I'm talking about is NOT a Designo/standard MB color, and is BRIGHT lipstick red, not maroon, as stated in my 2nd post. I never stated that designo colors are an extra cost option. My interior is a Designo interior, and did not cost me any extra. I've been to the Graz factory twice, and have seen the Gs being built there.

Anyway, I think we've talked about this more than enough.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
your interior,,,,,

Is that the porcelain? I had it on a CLS55. Beautiful and really simply wipes clean! We in the US get the colors MB wants us to have and nothing more. gGot mine in Iridium silver like everyone else but love it! BTW, we have a black Bentley too. Nice choice of autos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2009 G55 in Mystic White