Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 G## AMG ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 LR LR3 modified, 08 Audi S4 Avant 6spd, 08 535xiT6spd
Night vision would be nice to have on this vehicle as my travels are long and often include a lot of night driving. It is too bad the G is always so far behind the other models in terms of the technology options/inclusions. I like the rugged and simple interior but would prefer the Command system to have more going on inside, like the night vision.

I am also becoming spoiled with my other vehicles systems having things like a wide split screen nav/info where you can choose different modes for each section.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM

07 LR LR3 modified, 08 Audi S4 Avant 6spd, 08 535xiT6spd
Originally Posted by fixinbones
If you could have seen my salesman trying to navigate through the program that merecedes uses to order the cars you'd laugh. It was so slow you would have thought he was working on a pentium 133 with a 28k dial up modem. I suspect the SLR button just shows us how old their program really is!!!!!
Any chance you could inquire about the air bags? Previous years up to 2011 stated on the sticker "4 air bags with 6 way protection" This simple meant two front bags for the front row and window "curtain" air bags along both rows. There were no door mounted or seat mounted side/torso air bags.

However, the 2012 G550 states "6 air bags/ 8 ways protection". Yet the dealer here inspected the vehicle and cannot find any evidence of new air bag locations which would be evident by any label "SRS".

Now that I think of it though, my Land Rover which has side air bags mounted inside the front seats, has no label along the side that I recall.

Not that I will necessarily get a new G simply for the air bag changes, it is one more factor of interest to me. Last fall I almost bought a new G55 and decided to wait and see what the new engine and any updates might hold.

The hardest part for me has been color combo. The one I put a deposit down on was G55 in Graphite with Porcelain and Grey Birch wood. Then I held off because I was torn over a Magno night black and ultimately became paralyzed over colors. Practically, black or the light brown leather is best for me and should look nicer longer than Porcelain would. Yet a friend thinks the Porcelain would wear nicely even if it gains a worn look.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:15 AM

Mercedes G55 AMG
Post re: G65 AMG

Hi newbie here... I asked my local dealer, they'd never even heard of it. Then yesterday morning the sales guy phoned me back to say they've JUST got the memo. UK dealerships are now getting their schedules for staff training on the G65 AMG - June/July 2012.

SO.... The car is expected to be launched in Europe and America September 2012 (ish) and Britain will get it - as usual - 6 months later (because RHD is not being built till Jan 2013, thus missing Winter. The words "bad" and "planning" spring to mind...). It's being built in Graz (Austria) - not Hungary (which was some of the speculation last year...).

Can you guys still buy the G55 AMG? They closed the order books last November but they're advertised online... (though when I call up they forgot to take them off the website). I need one LHD urgently to satisfy a client who has an annoying habit of asking for a car when it's no longer available...!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
No, the US hasn't been taking g55 orders for a while... I have a 2008 LHD G55 black/black 24K miles if you want!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:19 PM

2013 G63, 2015 S500, 2016 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by css_noor

SO.... The car is expected to be launched in Europe and America September 2012 (ish) and Britain will get it - as usual - 6 months later (because RHD is not being built till Jan 2013, thus missing Winter. The words "bad" and "planning" spring to mind...). It's being built in Graz (Austria) - not Hungary (which was some of the speculation last year...).
Any info on the pricing? esp G63. Hong Kong follows similar pricing to the UK so I'd assume ours will be delivered next year as well.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:31 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Originally Posted by css_noor
Hi newbie here... I asked my local dealer, they'd never even heard of it. Then yesterday morning the sales guy phoned me back to say they've JUST got the memo. UK dealerships are now getting their schedules for staff training on the G65 AMG - June/July 2012.
The information I have is that the G65 will only be produced in LHD version as it's being produced in limited numbers ~200 and those have already been spoken for by European and Middle Eastern dealers. The G63 will be produced in both LHD and RHD starting June.