Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some issues with G63

Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G550
Angry Help!

Originally Posted by gotwire
Have a 2013 G550 with water coming in around sunroof soaking headliner! Any follow up on the cause and possible fix? At dealer now.
I purchased my G550 from Atlanta Classic Cars off the showroom floor in October. It has now been at the dealer since Nov 11th for LEAKING I noticed each time it rained (3x in Oct). They couldn't find the reason. Supposedly replaced hoses and gave me a new headliner but when i went to pick up car Mon Nov 25th my headliner looked used and my sunroof was basically destroyed. My lawyer told me to Google to see if anyone else had complained of similar issues. Car has less than 1000 miles i do not want a compromised headliner.

Last edited by lawannabrown7; 11-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G550, G65, Conti GT V8S
Mine is still at dealer. I'll let you know how they "fix" it. The service dept at my dealer is very good with past vehicles.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G550
Have a 2013 G550, purchased new in June here in Vegas. Had some severe thunderstorms pass through, car was outside in the rain for a couple of hours, and the interior was SOAKED. Brought it in to dealership, were apparently able to replicate the leak (but it took some time). There is a service bulletin out on the topic according to the service advisor, apparently. The headliner is trashed, car will be in the shop for an estimated 2 weeks while they wait for parts.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:53 AM

2013 G550
Are you aware if the parts will be new or used, or even after market? I appreciate that your service person acknowledged that there was an issue, folks here in Atlanta have not been as gracious as to share that info, they acted just as dumbfounded as me when i took the truck in. Please keep me updated on your experience. Thank you!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:51 PM

wheels
Knock on wood but I haven't had any issues on my G63 and it has seen a lot of rain.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:24 PM

05 c230 kompressor 6spd
Antenna cap can cause water to come in thru the dome light. Be sure to clear all the drains on the sunroof. Also wiper shafts can cause a water leak if they are worn or loose (for $3 the caps can be replaced ) and the water drains to the driver or passenger side footwell. Good luck.

Last edited by beepers90; 12-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:09 PM

2013 G550
Finally

I got my G550 back on friday.. It poured rain on friday and saturday but all seems well. I am still on backorder for my sunroof that they bent when they were reinstalling the new headliner. My question to everyone is….should we be concerned with diminished value for such a major flaw. My truck was less than 30 days old when the leak showed up. I imagine i would have a tough time re-selling or even trading for fair value.

Last edited by lawannabrown7; 12-15-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm sure it sucks to have a brand new truck in the shop, but no matter how long it takes, I wouldn't want it back until it was returned in as new condition. Then, you should have little to worry about when it comes time to sell. Unless you are the most honest guy in the world, I don't think this is worth mentioning to a prospective buyer. I my opinion, a minor fender bender that doesn't hit Carfax should be disclosed, but a faulty sunroof seal(or whatever it is) should not, so long as everything was repaired/replaced and the issue was resolved.

There appears to be more than a few of you with this leaking roof issue, but I have not seen any complaints about MY14 Gs. Anyone know if they figured this out for MY14? I'm buying a G63 this week and would like to know if I should be weary of this or not.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
My 2014 G63 has seen heavy rain, snow, sleet and ice which melted on the roof (all in about a month) with no sign of any leakage.
Only issue have been the front signal lights, both left and right. Have had several warnings pop up on dash check signal and they were not flashing.
First time i thought it was a bulb, undid the unit reset the bulb and immediately began to flash. since then several more on both sides but after a few minutes of operation the unit that stopped to work heals itself.. perhaps moisture is screwing up contact.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
There's a possibility you have an issue with the body side harness on the engine module chafing on the high pressure fuel pump bracket. It can short out one of the chassis cans/drive train can and cause numerous malfunctions to be displayed in the cluster. It may also cause issues with the fuel gauge reading erratically.

*This should only effect the M157 engine, not a G with the M273.

Last edited by csumt76; 12-25-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: boss
Old 12-25-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
My 2014 G63 has seen heavy rain, snow, sleet and ice which melted on the roof (all in about a month) with no sign of any leakage.
Only issue have been the front signal lights, both left and right. Have had several warnings pop up on dash check signal and they were not flashing.
First time i thought it was a bulb, undid the unit reset the bulb and immediately began to flash. since then several more on both sides but after a few minutes of operation the unit that stopped to work heals itself.. perhaps moisture is screwing up contact.
Just picked up a 2014 G63 the other day and that same night a warning popped up saying that my rear left tail light(reflector) was out, went to go check and it was out. since then it does go on and off. some days it will work and some days it wont, not sure what is wrong but it is very frustrating especially since it is a brand new car!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 C63BS 2009 Ferrari 16M 2016 Cayenne turbo S 2019 G63
Originally Posted by mrmiami
Just picked up a 2014 G63 the other day and that same night a warning popped up saying that my rear left tail light(reflector) was out, went to go check and it was out. since then it does go on and off. some days it will work and some days it wont, not sure what is wrong but it is very frustrating especially since it is a brand new car!
We should swap fronts and rears
One would work fine, the other car would be in the dealers shop lol
Go figure such simple things that a new vehicle should never experience
Old 01-05-2014, 08:02 PM

14 458 Spider, 07 430Spider, 07 430 Challenge, 07 G55, 58 190sl
turn signal lights erratic operation and warning

I've too have had problems with my front turn signal on my 2007 G55 since new and have had it fixed a half a dozen times. They even changed the whole assembly, but it still shorts out and sometimes fixes itself. I am trading in for a new G63 and thought this problem would be resolved on the G63. It's unbelievable Mercedes can't fix this ohttps://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/smashfreak.gifngoing problem.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:54 PM

G550
Cant believe this. Just picked up a new G550 last week and now the roof is leaking as well.. for the people that had this problem how did they fix it?

Thank you!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 PM

G63
I have had couple issues transfer case acting weird while dowm shifting ecu re programming

Engine fan at full speed even on start up dfs warning

Its all ecu and sensor related
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
2013 G63 1100 miles, today I go to take it for a spin an car does not open. So I open it with key but it does not start. Called mbrace, they came really fast gave me a jump and after 10 min it finally starts. I haven't driven the car in like a week plus that polar vortex that hit NYC, is it possible that it drained the battery so fast? The guy said if I don't drive the car to start it every other day for 5 min??? I remember my 1999 E class started right up after two weeks sitting there without start??? What's up whith the new cars???
Old 01-16-2014, 12:36 AM

2013 G550
Originally Posted by mtlg550
Cant believe this. Just picked up a new G550 last week and now the roof is leaking as well.. for the people that had this problem how did they fix it?

Thank you!
Others on this forum have been lucky and I wish you the best with your service department. It is some issue with hoses that get clogged. They should replace those and install a fresh headliner if yours is damaged, all at no cost to you. Should be a simple enough fix. My nightmare was they fixed my leak but broke my sunroof. I got the truck back and two days later the leak presented again! Well over 45 days cumulative with car out of my possession and the dealer has basically botched the entire job. I have started the process of rejecting it for a new truck all together. Mercedes Benz USA is taking no liability and blaming the dealer....you get where this is going!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update!!! Since last time car had a battery replaced for the second time (all together at a dealer for 2 weeks) and boom after 5 days the battery died again. Notice a water leak on driver side front pillar(looks like it's coming from the sunroof area). Car has 1200 miles and it's 4 months old, since new I had the alarm issue twice(car in a dealer for two weeks) than TC light keeps coming on and the dealer can't address the issue, rear taillight out keeps popping up on dash but the light is working(dealer can't find issue). Now it looks like this car has some serious electrical problems and I will start the lemon process cause I had enough already. Now the leak just made me not want this car even more.
Anyone that could help me on how to get the lemon process going please help!!!

Originally Posted by hubert
2013 G63 1100 miles, today I go to take it for a spin an car does not open. So I open it with key but it does not start. Called mbrace, they came really fast gave me a jump and after 10 min it finally starts. I haven't driven the car in like a week plus that polar vortex that hit NYC, is it possible that it drained the battery so fast? The guy said if I don't drive the car to start it every other day for 5 min??? I remember my 1999 E class started right up after two weeks sitting there without start??? What's up whith the new cars???
Old 01-27-2014, 12:22 PM

2013 G550
Update!!! Since last time car had a battery replaced for the second time (all together at a dealer for 2 weeks) and boom after 5 days the battery died again. Notice a water leak on driver side front pillar(looks like it's coming from the sunroof area). Car has 1200 miles and it's 4 months old, since new I had the alarm issue twice(car in a dealer for two weeks) than TC light keeps coming on and the dealer can't address the issue, rear taillight out keeps popping up on dash but the light is working(dealer can't find issue). Now it looks like this car has some serious electrical problems and I will start the lemon process cause I had enough already. Now the leak just made me not want this car even more.
Anyone that could help me on how to get the lemon process going please help!!!
you can go to consumeraffairs.gov and get all the rules as well print the letter to replace or reimburse you for the car. They should have a dedicated number for your state if you need a live person. You mail the letter to Mercedes Benz USA in NJ, the address is located in the front of your owners manual. The process is free. MB has 20 days to contact you back. My car has been out of service for over 60 days for a leak that can not be found. Now there are various issues created by dealer, and it is only 110 days old! Mercedes Benz denied my claim so i i have since gotten a lawyer. Best of luck to you! Please keep me posted…this leak thing seems class action worthy!

Last edited by lawannabrown7; 01-27-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-27-2014, 12:29 PM

2013 G550
Originally Posted by mtlg550

Thank you!
My car presented the leak and the dealer "repaired" however the leak presented again about twoo weeks later. In the interim from taking the car apart my sunroof was damaged. Current day i still do not have my truck which i purchased Oct 4 2013! I started the lemon process and Mercedes Benz USA denied me if you can believe it! So I have a lawyer now to try and get some justice! I have essentially paid for the use of an ugly loaner! Worst service ever I should have kept my Lexus LS460! I am not upset about the leak so much as the awful service from the incompetent dealer and then the corporation to boot.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car didn't start again today so called roadside assistance to get it towed to the dealer and they said if the car starts from a jump towing won't be necessary. I thought weird but ok. So they come give jump and it starts after like 5 min of boosting it. On the way to the dealer spoke to mbusa opened a case. While at dealer I let them know that if the repair involves taking half of the car apparat I won't want it back since it won't ever be the same. Don't need squeaks weird noises in a 140k car. Let's see what happens. Always thought of the G class to be the only true Mercedes left but I was so wrong.
Originally Posted by lawannabrown7
you can go to consumeraffairs.gov and get all the rules as well print the letter to replace or reimburse you for the car. They should have a dedicated number for your state if you need a live person. You mail the letter to Mercedes Benz USA in NJ, the address is located in the front of your owners manual. The process is free. MB has 20 days to contact you back. My car has been out of service for over 60 days for a leak that can not be found. Now there are various issues created by dealer, and it is only 110 days old! Mercedes Benz denied my claim so i i have since gotten a lawyer. Best of luck to you! Please keep me posted…this leak thing seems class action worthy!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:02 PM

2013 G550
Car didn't start again today so called roadside assistance to get it towed to the dealer and they said if the car starts from a jump towing won't be necessary. I thought weird but ok. So they come give jump and it starts after like 5 min of boosting it. On the way to the dealer spoke to mbusa opened a case. While at dealer I let them know that if the repair involves taking half of the car apparat I won't want it back since it won't ever be the same. Don't need squeaks weird noises in a 140k car. Let's see what happens. Always thought of the G class to be the only true Mercedes left but I was so wrong.
My sentiments exactly! I dont want a car that now has been dismantled 5 or 6 times...i bought it new so i want it new! I am being treated like i am being picky and unreasonable but no i am not. I have been very patient and kind during this process. This was my dream car so i am very disappointed in the lack of service by both the dealership as well as MB USA. Please please keep me posted on your progress! I have a feeling that a man will get a lot better treatment than a woman! I hate to go there but its just a feeling.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mbusa assigned a woman to my case and I don't think they will treat a man or woman any differently. I'm really calm for now but once I find out that they will try to take apart the car to try to fix it I'm letting all hell lose. Bought a G to drive a G not a lil C classes I get on loaners, cause if I wanted a C class I would get a different color for each day of the week. Today mbusa contacted me and she said they will be contacting the dealer tomorrow. Let's see what happens.
Originally Posted by lawannabrown7
My sentiments exactly! I dont want a car that now has been dismantled 5 or 6 times...i bought it new so i want it new! I am being treated like i am being picky and unreasonable but no i am not. I have been very patient and kind during this process. This was my dream car so i am very disappointed in the lack of service by both the dealership as well as MB USA. Please please keep me posted on your progress! I have a feeling that a man will get a lot better treatment than a woman! I hate to go there but its just a feeling.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1.5 week later still no car, dealer is telling me that they can't replicate the leak. But why keep it for so long than? I think they took the whole roof apart and waiting for some parts. Just hope that when I get it back I won't have no weird noises coming from roof dash area.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:54 PM

G63 AMG
MY13. No leaking, but my once perfectly working sunroof just developed a crunching noise when retracting it.

I also have the intermittent front left and right turn signal issue.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some issues with G63