Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porcelain Interior pics and advice???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Porcelain Interior pics and advice???

Anyone have a real life picture of the G63 with porcelain diamond stitched interior? All I can find is the brochure pic and that doesn't give me a good enough view to make a decision. Anyone have experience or advice on MB's porcelain interiors? I take care of my vehicles better than most, but cannot help to think this light leather will start to show its age much sooner than black or titan grey.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
From gathering owners' experience on this forum with porcelain interiors, it actually seems to be quite durable and doesn't show dirt as easily as one might think. But to get a better understanding of these interiors, I'd either check used cars around your area that have porcelain interiors and this may help you get a good gauge as to how dirty it gets in person. If that fails, another good alternative may be to look up cars.com or eBay listings of cars (S and CL is the most common) with the porcelain interiors and see how the wear looks in pictures.

Sorry I can't actually give you first hand experience or the pictures you requested but good luck!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G 63 AMG
The lighter designo leather interiors, including porcelain and sand, are susceptible to staining if we wear jeans a lot. Other than that, with proper care they can last a long time.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:54 AM

G63 '14
I have porcelain interior on my G55 (not diamond stitched tho). I've had mine for 3 years and once in 3-4 months I actually clean all seats with "leatherique prestine clean" to have that fresh "white" look. While this interior look amazing, this will definitely be my last car with a porcelain interior.

Here're few pics:

Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by KA3AX
I have porcelain interior on my G55 (not diamond stitched tho). I've had mine for 3 years and once in 3-4 months I actually clean all seats with "leatherique prestine clean" to have that fresh "white" look. While this interior look amazing, this will definitely be my last car with a porcelain interior.

Here're few pics:

So it sounds like with a little elbow grease the interior is back to showroom shine? Wasn't sure, because you say you can get them fresh white clean, but then you say never buy again.

I hope having the side bolsters in black will help reduce the worn look and cleaning intervals, as that's where most of the abrasive rubbing will be.

Thanks for all the input, I think I'm going with it.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 PM

G63 '14
Sorry for any confusion. Even if gets dirty you can bring it back to showroom shine using leatherique pristine shine or any other similar product.
While this color looks amazing one has to take extra care with it. Some of my passengers are not as careful as I am. That's when thing gets dirty

I am sure you will love it! I had designo black before and after seeing porcelain in person I had to have it.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 AM

SLk230, CLK500
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
Anyone have a real life picture of the G63 with porcelain diamond stitched interior? All I can find is the brochure pic and that doesn't give me a good enough view to make a decision.
I found a g63 with the diamond porcelain. Check out Event Motoring in San Diego. They have a g63 in inventory with the pictures.

http://www.eventmotoring.com/2013-Me...-92107/4326841