Sponsored by:

Dealers with G63 in stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
Dealers with G63 in stock?

Hey guys, friend of mine has asked me to help her find a new G63. My dealer had one a few weeks ago but it got snatched up. Ive checked a few of the larger dealers i know of (FJ in cali...) and cant find anyone with stock. Does anyoen know of a dealer with one on the lot?

Thx!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Seems there are some available according to Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0
Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 AM

2011 E550 4Matic
Contacted almost all of those dealers already....and they are all no help Half wont sell to customers out of state. Others are asking upto 20k over what price they posted there. One refused to sell if the car was paid in full, would only sell if we financed it. A couple have orders coming in around April and we can customize it.....but really hoping to find one on a lot for MSRP =/

BTW one had your exact model in...but wanted FAR over sticker. Loved the matte with red interior mad love for it

Last edited by xolinlevh; 03-01-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Contacted almost all of those dealers already....and they are all no help Half wont sell to customers out of state. Others are asking upto 20k over what price they posted there. One refused to sell if the car was paid in full, would only sell if we financed it. A couple have orders coming in around April and we can customize it.....but really hoping to find one on a lot for MSRP =/

BTW one had your exact model in...but wanted FAR over sticker. Loved the matte with red interior mad love for it

........I take it these dealers must have some affiliation with banks they want you to get a loan from. But i still don't get it. Money is legal tender. I am not sure its legal to refuse money and insist buyer must finance a product that they have the cash to pay for. It will be like a home owner refusing to accept cash for the purchase of the home he/she is selling and insisting buyer must get a loan. What if the loan is from a different bank from not affiliated with the seller? How does the seller benefit from the buyer having obtained a loan? Something doesn't make sense

Ted
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
........I take it these dealers must have some affiliation with banks they want you to get a loan from. But i still don't get it. Money is legal tender. I am not sure its legal to refuse money and insist buyer must finance a product that they have the cash to pay for. It will be like a home owner refusing to accept cash for the purchase of the home he/she is selling and insisting buyer must get a loan. What if the loan is from a different bank from not affiliated with the seller? How does the seller benefit from the buyer having obtained a loan? Something doesn't make sense

Ted
Dealers make a lot of $$ in their F&I departments.
That guy your salesperson takes you to sign the papers sells financing (making profit on interest rate difference he is charging vs what he pays to the bank),life and disability to suckers,paint protection,pinstripes,scotchguard and lots of other junk.
Every dealer has a few different banks he is working with......
I'm sure that dealer meant that he would arrange the financing,not the buyer himself.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM

2011 E550 4Matic
yea im going insane trying to find one still. been just calling every dealer on cars.com/autotrader/etc who has one listed. 4 of em so far were actually sold already, 3 of them are asking 20-25k over sticker, 1 flat out refused to sell to us because we werent local. a couple so far have ones coming in around april which can still be customized which is a nice possibility, but my friend's car is dead and shes in the midst of basically suing the dealer she got it from so wants a new car ASAP....
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
My recommendation would be to just head to your dealer and custom order one and forget about it until it comes in exactly how you want / configured it. These do seem to be selling well.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:57 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by drew138
My recommendation would be to just head to your dealer and custom order one and forget about it until it comes in exactly how you want / configured it. These do seem to be selling well.
Yea that may end up being the only option, best we have found so far is a dealer in Boston who has 1 or 2 slated for production and delivery in april, so we could take that and customize. My friends car is dead so shes really hoping to find something on a lot that can be picked up/shipped ASAP.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by absent
Dealers make a lot of $$ in their F&I departments.
That guy your salesperson takes you to sign the papers sells financing (making profit on interest rate difference he is charging vs what he pays to the bank),life and disability to suckers,paint protection,pinstripes,scotchguard and lots of other junk.
Every dealer has a few different banks he is working with......
I'm sure that dealer meant that he would arrange the financing,not the buyer himself.

.....I see what you mean. This works fire the dealers because most buyers are not paying cash. I don't think it is legal to refuse money and require that a buyer get a loan. And if a buyer chooses to get a loan, said buyer can get the loan from their own bank or credit union. So I think he is being mislead.

Ted
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.....I see what you mean. This works fire the dealers because most buyers are not paying cash. I don't think it is legal to refuse money and require that a buyer get a loan. And if a buyer chooses to get a loan, said buyer can get the loan from their own bank or credit union. So I think he is being mislead.

Ted
yea we are likely not going with them. Right now a dealer in Boston says they have a slot open for april delivery that is still modifiable, then one in chicago that has a matte plat/designo leather/custom one coming in may that is NOT modifiable. Trying to figure out how a order that is set to be built next month CAN be changed to our specs....but one coming a month later CANT. Anyone got any clue on that one?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ft Wash, PA - Blk/ designo quilted blk - $140,155 sticker avail (don't think they'll ask for premium - didn't with me). Act fast before I dump my order and go buy it.

I was told by a LR dealer that those who say they are paying cash (for a 2013 RR) are being red flagged as dealer/exporters, and being skipped on orders for those that want to finance. Obviously, this is ridiculous, but he said LR thinks that if you commit to a loan, you are less likely to flip or export it. Maybe a similiar. however ridiculous, stance is being taken by MB. I did read that MB is trying to get people to agree not to sell their G63 within the year, so who knows??? As annoying as it may be, I doubt this is illegal - dealers should be able to sell a high demand car however, whenever and to whomever they wish - this is America, damnit!!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
Ft Wash, PA - Blk/ designo quilted blk - $140,155 sticker avail (don't think they'll ask for premium - didn't with me). Act fast before I dump my order and go buy it.

I was told by a LR dealer that those who say they are paying cash (for a 2013 RR) are being red flagged as dealer/exporters, and being skipped on orders for those that want to finance. Obviously, this is ridiculous, but he said LR thinks that if you commit to a loan, you are less likely to flip or export it. Maybe a similiar. however ridiculous, stance is being taken by MB. I did read that MB is trying to get people to agree not to sell their G63 within the year, so who knows??? As annoying as it may be, I doubt this is illegal - dealers should be able to sell a high demand car however, whenever and to whomever they wish - this is America, damnit!!!!
Rather sure I contacted them already. Called upwards of 15 dealers today and I remember one was fort Washington and they said no. Either already sold or because we are out of state.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip

.....actually it's been a long standing rule that you cannot export your Mercedes within the first year of ownership. This has been the case now for over ten years and not unique to G63. You actually sign a document agreeing not to e port the car for at least o e year.

.......about the loans. Yes a dealer should sell to whoever he /she wants to to has the money to buy the car. The legality comes into the concept of what is acceptable legal tender in contracts and transactions. Money is legal tender. So once the individual brings the money to the table, you can refuse to sell to him if you like, but you cannot do it on the basis that the individual had not satiisfactorily brought the acceptable legal tender. For example, you cannot insist that an individual that owes you money get a loan or bark like a dog once the said individual has brought you money to satisfy the debt.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_tender

Ted
Old 03-02-2013, 08:22 PM

Mine: 2008 E350 4Matic --- His: 2014 E 550 4Matic
Rather sure I contacted them already. Called upwards of 15 dealers today and I remember one was fort Washington and they said no. Either already sold or because we are out of state.
Try Euromotorcars in Bethesda MD - not sure if they have one in stock but they should be able to get one.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:11 AM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by BenzBee
Try Euromotorcars in Bethesda MD - not sure if they have one in stock but they should be able to get one.
Called them, they do have some.....but they want 20-25k over sticker.

Does anyone happen to know when the switch over to the 2014 models will be? If we have to order one and wait several months, curious if the new ones will be coming out anytime soon too....
Old 03-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Mine: 2008 E350 4Matic --- His: 2014 E 550 4Matic
Called them, they do have some.....but they want 20-25k over sticker.

Does anyone happen to know when the switch over to the 2014 models will be? If we have to order one and wait several months, curious if the new ones will be coming out anytime soon too....
Wow I thought they would be more willing - You could try negotiating - I know they have a large inventory. When we bought our regular E class we were able to get a very good deal from them.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 AM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by BenzBee
Wow I thought they would be more willing - You could try negotiating - I know they have a large inventory. When we bought our regular E class we were able to get a very good deal from them.
Spoke with them on Friday, then again Saturday. both sales people told me, when i asked what they were asking, that the last two they sold went for 22, and 25 over MSRP. So basically ruling them out, if we can order one and just wiat a month or two for MSRP, much better then spending 25 over to get it today.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 ML320, 2008 GSX-R 600, 2006 GSX-R 750 (Track) 2012 C350 Coupe
the G63 is an incredibly difficult car to get. On top of that, the risk of the vehicle being exported is incredibly high. If the car is exported, dealer gets hit for holdback + fine. There is really no incentive to take the risk to sell to someone out of the area, when a majority of dealers have a list of local people with 0% export risk to call if there is an off chance of a G63 becomes available.

All of the G63 we have ordered were for local clients.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:52 AM

'09 C63 AMG, '13 C350, '11 GLK350
I have a family member in sales at a dealer. I know of two built G63s inbound with one changeable G63 due in later. If you're interested PM me. MSRP BTW.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM

2011 G55
Originally Posted by GSX-R_Squared
the G63 is an incredibly difficult car to get. On top of that, the risk of the vehicle being exported is incredibly high. If the car is exported, dealer gets hit for holdback + fine. There is really no incentive to take the risk to sell to someone out of the area, when a majority of dealers have a list of local people with 0% export risk to call if there is an off chance of a G63 becomes available.

All of the G63 we have ordered were for local clients.
You sound like there is only one G63 made for the US per year. The G63 is not a "incredibly difficult car to get" at all. At least, not now and not anymore. Plenty on sale across the US. Just an example: MB dealers in the East Coast run cross country search to find one from other dealers if needs be. And anyone who wants to export a car out of the US can do so in peace and legality after 6 months. Regardless of the car.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 AM

CLS 350
Originally Posted by Behike
You sound like there is only one G63 made for the US per year. The G63 is not a "incredibly difficult car to get" at all. At least, not now and not anymore. Plenty on sale across the US. Just an example: MB dealers in the East Coast run cross country search to find one from other dealers if needs be. And anyone who wants to export a car out of the US can do so in peace and legality after 6 months. Regardless of the car.
There was a rumor mercedes will produce only few G-Class G63 to keep the exclusivity. In addition to that Mercedes doesn't produce this car. Magna Steyr is the company which produces the G-Class since ever!!! So I guess also for the US market.

Last edited by revellix; 05-25-2013 at 11:49 AM.