G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took G63 delivery today

Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 G63
Took G63 delivery today

This is my 6th G following '86 280GE, '95 G320, '99 G500, '02 G500 and '05 G55 just traded. I ordered the optional extra cost Graphite paint, that is the same as on my '08 S63, along with Mystic Red interior, black wheels, red calipers and burl walnut wood. To say the combination is "stunning" is an understatement.

The ride is clearly better than the G55 and that had shocks I replaced from a G550! Doors shut so much easier and still with the G "thunk" we all love. Too early to compare power since will follow break-in instructions. Exhaust note is a bit more subtle but still quite nice.

Interior is the real "wow" with so many upgrades to the instrument cluster, center console, display, hvac and other systems. Plus love Distronic Plus in my S63 and will enjoy more in the G63. I dislike the operation of ECO that can't just be maintained in off mode.

Biggest disappointment is that much of the Operator's Manual is on a CD that can only be viewed on the Command system. No apparent way to print and read it all and many operational details are not in the printed manual. At over $130K, guess they needed to save $5 in printing cost!! Reminds me of when MB eliminated the headlamp washer buttons thinking spraying every so often when cleaning the windshield. Dumb move that couldn't have saved more then $20. They could have added the automated mode while leaving the button for those of us who want the extra control. Same with the Operator's Manual. Include on CD in Command but not to the exclusion of a printed version.

I was hesitant about the Mystic Red leather but once seeing it, I love it. Overall looking forward to many years of enjoyment.

I will try to take and post some photos over the weekend.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car
NICE!!! Congrats on your new G63. We think it's one of the best G Wagon made yet..=)
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
I'd love to see pictures. Do you find Mystic Red to be slightly maroon or on the darker side of red vs. let's say Classic Red offered for the SLS.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63

I also have owned a g55 in the past and when test driving the g63 last week was also surprised at how much more comfortable the suspension felt. I had read about the new motor and interior but have not come across anything to explain why the new truck would feel a bit softer. I thought it was maybe just mental as I was trying to convince myself to get one. Any thoughts on what changed to make the ride softer?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W463
Originally Posted by nyc123
I also have owned a g55 in the past and when test driving the g63 last week was also surprised at how much more comfortable the suspension felt. I had read about the new motor and interior but have not come across anything to explain why the new truck would feel a bit softer. I thought it was maybe just mental as I was trying to convince myself to get one. Any thoughts on what changed to make the ride softer?
They did change the suspension which has a different part number compare to g55. I tried it too the difference is day and night!