Sponsored by:

New matte green G63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB white sl63
New matte green G63

I will be getting in my 2017 Olive Magno G63 within the next 2 weeks and I am very excited to finally get behind the wheel of a G. So I'm looking for some maintenance/product advice. I know the general rules is no regular products, no buffing, hand wash only, cleaning tar/stains immediately, and being careful not to rub to hard when cleaning.

Any other advice/tips/tricks for the Matte Paint? What about taking care of the leather to minimize wear? Lastly, anyone have any recommendations on how to black out all the chrome (brush guard / grill / rear tire countainer / etc...).

Last edited by kyle0k; 06-27-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
n/a
Soap

chemical guys has a great soap that works with foam cannons specially formulated for matte paint. It's better Han the dealership soap. Then they also have a sealant you can use. Both smell really good. Other than that it's not that hard to care for. I keep mine garages which helps.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
Depends how easy you want to maintain it

I would have it wrapped in Xpel stealth then you don't need to worry about treating it with kids gloves
Old 06-28-2017, 04:16 PM

WTB white sl63
Originally Posted by jenz
Depends how easy you want to maintain it

I would have it wrapped in Xpel stealth then you don't need to worry about treating it with kids gloves
I have read that wrapping it a risk..... The adhesive can sometimes be hard to get off after years and anything that helps get it off could mar/shine the paint.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by kyle0k
I will be getting in my 2017 Olive Magno G63 within the next 2 weeks and I am very excited to finally get behind the wheel of a G. So I'm looking for some maintenance/product advice. I know the general rules is no regular products, no buffing, hand wash only, cleaning tar/stains immediately, and being careful not to rub to hard when cleaning.

Any other advice/tips/tricks for the Matte Paint? What about taking care of the leather to minimize wear? Lastly, anyone have any recommendations on how to black out all the chrome (brush guard / grill / rear tire countainer / etc...).
congrats! Mine is matte black. Really easy to care for. I have a guy that comes to my office every Friday and washes it. I bought the chemical guys wash and detail spray. Both work excellent. No car washes and dont let any idiots wash it. Other than that it's pretty simple.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:44 PM

WTB white sl63
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
congrats! Mine is matte black. Really easy to care for. I have a guy that comes to my office every Friday and washes it. I bought the chemical guys wash and detail spray. Both work excellent. No car washes and dont let any idiots wash it. Other than that it's pretty simple.
Thanks! I will post pictures once I get my hands on it!

Which chemical guys quick detailer are you referring to. I assume the "matte detailer spray sealant" ?

Have you ever used the "Jet Seal Matte" product?
Old 06-29-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by kyle0k
Thanks! I will post pictures once I get my hands on it!

Which chemical guys quick detailer are you referring to. I assume the "matte detailer spray sealant" ?

Have you ever used the "Jet Seal Matte" product?
yes that is the one. Works great as long as car isn't hot. Never tried the jet