55AMG or 500 for 4x4??...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:24 AM
YFV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 911 turbo, G55 AMG Kompressor
noir c'est noir

That's cool, that's the correct answer as I ordered it in black. Thank you for that. Silver looks cool and shiny when you live in California but in Paris with the **** weather, black is more the colour to have. I've ordered mine with black interior, GPS, phone, TV and the additional heating system which you preprogram to start heating the car at a defined time from an alternative battery especially installed, very comfy when leaving the country house to Paris early morning in full french winter.

My girlfriend called me 2 hours ago today as she was attending to the Polo world championship in Chantilly near Paris. Mercedes-Benz is sponsoring the event so she was looking at a silver G55K exposed beside an SLR MacLaren. I am just dying not being able to join her and see the car. Mine will be delivered in a few months and I just can't wait.

I have now been driving my 911 Turbo for a while and I can tell one thing: even with such a cool car, when you see one every 2 minutes on the streets of Paris, it kills your pleasure of driving an exceptionnal car. (still, I appreciate my luck as well as the great performance of the car on the highway).The G-class will make the difference as you don't see one model above the 400 short break, and even those are pretty rare.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:27 AM
YFV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 911 turbo, G55 AMG Kompressor
By the way, the "Salon de l'automobile" opens in Paris late september, of course I'll be there with my camera so expect pics of this thread, although I don't think there's anything new I can photograph.