ceramic or other type of coating for shiny finish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cayenne
ceramic or other type of coating for shiny finish

Hi everyone,

I live in Miami and have a graphite metallic G63 that’s about 6 months old and garage kept. If my goal is to have a showroom shiny exterior finish as much as possible, is there a type of coating that you recommend? When I have the car hand washed weekly the shine isn’t the same as it was when brand new and water spots look terrible after it rains. I’ve read that ceramic coating can yellow after a while and can increase the amount of water spots if you don’t wipe them off each time after it rains. Also, unsure if the hand car wash I go to uses the right ph balanced cleaning solution, the right cloths, etc. Lastly, unsure if sometimes the application process can go wrong, if maintenance will be a hassle or if it’s a headache to deal with and blend if a part of the car gets into an accident. Is there any type of coating that you recommend under these circumstances (perhaps my ceramic coating concerns are unfounded) or should I just simply have it washed weekly and leave well enough alone?

Thank you