Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32 AMG
Mercedes-Benz G-Class Vs. Porsche Cayenne

Found this on Latest AMG News

Mercedes-Benz G-Class Vs. Porsche Cayenne
http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2005/..._0217show.html

Found it interesting that the Cayenne is Porsche's best selling vehicle today.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:11 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
I think cayenne is better >>> interior and performance are definettely better
exterior is worse of course
Old 02-23-2005, 05:56 AM

ML55
I beg to differ...
watch the G55K spedial that was on TOP GEAR a week or more ago.
I think you'll change your mind. and if you have already watched it, watch it again, it only gets better....lol...
no seriously, the Cayenne is a monster, but one that would think twice before taking on a G.... the G55K owns the road.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
I would love to see a full road test comparo of the two.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:30 AM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
I favor the G55's exterior over Porsche's any day.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Finally,Motor Trend April issue has G55 vs Cayenne TT,X5is 4.8 and Touareg V10.
G55 fastest at all speeds,most fun but lands in 4th because it's dated.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:55 AM

I have a Touareg. It's great off road, great onroad, a wonderful daily driver and I love it, but it's sure no G55. Personally, I could never justify 30% more for a Cayenne.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by naadp
I have a Touareg. It's great off road, great onroad, a wonderful daily driver and I love it, but it's sure no G55. Personally, I could never justify 30% more for a Cayenne.
Not to mention that Touareg is much better looking both out and inside then the Cayenne.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:54 AM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by sillyent
I favor the G55's exterior over Porsche's any day.
Yeah, I absoulutely agree, but how much time do you spend inside the car? Cayenne's interior is fabulous. When you look inside G-Wagen, you see its age...
Old 03-12-2005, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by elbimmer
Yeah, I absoulutely agree, but how much time do you spend inside the car? Cayenne's interior is fabulous. When you look inside G-Wagen, you see its age...
Less from seeing it,more from feeling it...
When you sit in a G ,you realize how narrow the interior really is.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:09 PM

XLR
Originally Posted by absent
Finally,Motor Trend April issue has G55 vs Cayenne TT,X5is 4.8 and Touareg V10.
G55 fastest at all speeds,most fun but lands in 4th because it's dated.
#1 - No wonder they chose the Cayenne Turbo.
I wouldn't buy the G55 unless it was at substantial loss to the person selling it. I've driven both and after choosing the Porsche I have to say the Cayenne Turbo is king! Once those turbo's kick in it seems to make it's own gravity propelling you forward. And the ride height is fully adjustable, the suspension is set up so you can select from three different ride types comfort, normal and sport. The G55 maybe a little faster with it's blown engine in the straights but that’s about the only thing. Handling- when you take a turn hard the wheels will start to chirp and it feels like its going to flip!! The ride is so rough even if there isn't a hint of wiggle in that chassis. I don’t mean to bash the G55 it looks OK at best for a car that was designed in 1979!!!! Porsche designed it to be king and it still is those grills could swallow you whole if you aren’t careful.
Enough said.
:p
Old 04-10-2005, 12:15 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Agree with you completely that the Cayenne Turbo is a superior road car in many ways. I test drove one before buying my G55 (not supercharged) and was very impressed.

Having said that, I actually wanted a powerful SUV because I intend to use it as one. I do have to carry large items from time to time that would not fit in a sedan, I do enjoy going off road and not worrying about which part is going to break or fall off, and I wanted something which I could keep for a long time and not have worries about its long term durability. That and the fact that every other vehicle on the road where I live is a Cayenne.

-Jimmy
Old 04-11-2005, 12:51 AM

Porsche, They dont even belong in the SUV group. G55 KING OF THE ROAD. I have 2003 G55 and man its beautiful in every way. The only thing that sux is i had to take it into serivce time to time, small problems. Other then that, the G55 is nothing but the Autbahn Cruiser. I have top it out time to time 132mph. I like when I "MADE U LOOK" when im driving the G around I fell as tho im someone famous, I fell like a KING. They commets from people are just funny, wat is that mercedes hummer, wow that sounds loud, wat kinda engine does it have. When I see a Cayenne its funny because the people in the cayenne look at me more. All im gonna say is G55 is a beauty not a *****es ride as tho i see alot of girls driving Cayenne turbos SAD SAD. G55 is a Mans ride a Kings ride and ant **** out there that comes close to the Gwagon. I cant wait to get the new one Supercharged
Old 04-18-2005, 08:23 AM

ML55
Originally Posted by jimmyg
Agree with you completely that the Cayenne Turbo is a superior road car in many ways. I test drove one before buying my G55 (not supercharged) and was very impressed.

Having said that, I actually wanted a powerful SUV because I intend to use it as one. I do have to carry large items from time to time that would not fit in a sedan, I do enjoy going off road and not worrying about which part is going to break or fall off, and I wanted something which I could keep for a long time and not have worries about its long term durability. That and the fact that every other vehicle on the road where I live is a Cayenne.

-Jimmy
and half of which are pearl white ones if i may add....
I like the fact that the G isn't appreciated by so many, makes us G admirers and the G itself more unique, innit?
Old 04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well,I'm driving a loaner CayenneTT and my wife's G55 daily,swapping the cars with her all the time.
Cayenne feels slow,smooth,handles well,corners better,has very poorly finished interior next to the G(flimsy plastic covers on all the compartments)...
And it bores me to death!
If it did not have the Porsche badges I would not be able to tell the difference from any of the thousands of generic SUVs.
G has much better throttle response,handles well enough,stands out in the crowd,feels "special" and absolutely kills the Cayenne in acceleration.
PHYBenz:PM me please so I can email you the pics of them side by side.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:40 AM

W126, W140, W201, W208
Originally Posted by Mj FacTory
Porsche, They dont even belong in the SUV group. G55 KING OF THE ROAD. I have 2003 G55 and man its beautiful in every way. The only thing that sux is i had to take it into serivce time to time, small problems. Other then that, the G55 is nothing but the Autbahn Cruiser. I have top it out time to time 132mph. I like when I "MADE U LOOK" when im driving the G around I fell as tho im someone famous, I fell like a KING. They commets from people are just funny, wat is that mercedes hummer, wow that sounds loud, wat kinda engine does it have. When I see a Cayenne its funny because the people in the cayenne look at me more. All im gonna say is G55 is a beauty not a *****es ride as tho i see alot of girls driving Cayenne turbos SAD SAD. G55 is a Mans ride a Kings ride and ant **** out there that comes close to the Gwagon. I cant wait to get the new one Supercharged

I like your statement "MADE U LOOK".