Sponsored by:

Stevens Creek Mercedes - Stay Far Away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 04:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S
Stevens Creek Mercedes - Stay Far Away

Hi all, I am copying and pasting a review of a terrible experience I had with them over the past few days. If I can stop one sale from happening with them it is worth it -

What a disappointing and laughable experience at this dealership. Was put in contact with Jeyson over a 2024 G63 he was going to sell me at $10k above MSRP. At first said he could not do it, which is no big deal at all. Here is where the problem starts - The next morning he texted me to give him until the end of the day and he would get it done. I text him back at 4pm to confirm because if he can't do it then no big deal, just let me know so I can go buy the one local to me as I have a free day to do so. He assures me he will get it done.

9pm comes and no update. I text him, no reply. I text him the next morning, no reply. I got in contact with Di there who was helpful and see what he could do. He said he would speak to the GM of the dealership and get back to me. It felt as if though he was going to try and make something work for the trouble.

Get this, he comes back and says you chose a popular color, the best we can do is $20,000 above sticker which is double what was promised to me LOL. I let them know the thing I was most upset about was the wasted day where I could have went to buy the car locally on a free day I had.

I understand supply and demand and that it is a popular car. I am not asking them to lose money. They are still making $10,000 ABOVE the profits they already make from their invoice cost. Your word is important in business but this dealership does not care. I would take your business somewhere else if you have the opportunity to do so.

Pictures below are the text convo with the sales rep who promised something he cannot deliver on and then the text convo with Di (who was nice and helpful) saying the best they could do is $20,000 over MSRP, even after providing a screenshot text of a price that was promised to me.

The following users liked this post:
desertg63 (04-27-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 972 Likes on 747 Posts
G550
I had a nearly identical experience at a FletcherJones dealership a couple years ago. I had an agreement on price via email, told the sales guy I'd pick up the vehicle the day after next. The sales guy emails me the next day and says he wants more money. Told him to go s***w himself. This is why ALL dealerships are considered scum, and why I don't give any of them even my maintenance business.
chassis (04-27-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 05:48 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,402 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
Oh you poor poor man! You must be at the end of your limit! Guess you'll have to pay 10 grand over somewhere else!
Old 04-25-2024, 12:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by streborx
I had a nearly identical experience at a FletcherJones dealership a couple years ago. I had an agreement on price via email, told the sales guy I'd pick up the vehicle the day after next. The sales guy emails me the next day and says he wants more money. Told him to go s***w himself. This is why ALL dealerships are considered scum, and why I don't give any of them even my maintenance business.
Sorry you went through that. I spoke to fletcher on the phone as well. They were at least up front with me and said $25k over is the best they can do.

Originally Posted by hyperion667
Oh you poor poor man! You must be at the end of your limit! Guess you'll have to pay 10 grand over somewhere else!
Ok? Did that post make you feel better about your pathetic life? What was the point of that?
hyperion667 (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by project_jay
Sorry you went through that. I spoke to fletcher on the phone as well. They were at least up front with me and said $25k over is the best they can do.
That's really all any of us want -- to be treated with a bit of courtesy and professionalism, rather than like we're dufuses who just fell off a cabbage truck. The problem with some SA's is that the minute a customer agrees to a price, they think they left money on the table. So they try to renegotiate, or start packing in extended warranties, service packages, special insurance, protective coatings, etc. -- we've all been there. One guy tried to write up the sales order with the discount I spent 45 minutes negotiating as the down payment, so that the deal was actually at MSRP. I've dealt with a few decent SAs, but there are several who would have been fired had I been the GM and aware of their shenanigans.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,941 Likes on 3,103 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Indeed all dealership have scummy elements. There are the rare few honest SAs.

One way around this is to negotiate via text/email then ask for a signed invoice by email and tell them you are wiring the cash, which will settle in their account in 2 hours.

Not everyone wants to, or is able to, transact this way, but it cuts down on some BS. I bought my Cayenne this way, sign unseen from 2,400 miles away. Good transaction and 2 years later no regrets.

You have to know the product to be successful with this, and be willing to accept a level of risk.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:29 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2022 G63, 2023 GLA 45S
Unfortunately this is the modus operandi for many, but fortunately not all SA's. Years ago I spent half a day shuttling two cars I had to Braman BMW in Miami to get assessed for trade-in after selecting an incoming V10 M5 at retail price from the first shipment they were receiving. At the end of the afternoon the SA informed me they could only sell at 15k over. No way I'd pay that for a an M Bimmer, so I stopped by tye local Porsche dealer (The Collection) on the way home from work. An SA I'd previously purchased a car from gave me a decent discount on a 997S and in less than 45 minutes I was on my way. Two days later the Braman SA called to say they'd "let the car go" at 5k over. I was pleased to let him know I'd already bought a 997. Karma exists. I wound up buying 2 more cars from the Collection when I lived there...all at fair prices.

Last edited by sjp3003; 04-28-2024 at 03:43 AM.
chassis (04-28-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 02:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT63S
feel for you OP..i had trouble looking around as well and ended up going with the GT63S after being so frustrated.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:04 PM
SLS

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
1998 Land Cruiser, 2003 SL500, 2024 G63
Stay away from Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati and Mercedes Benz of West Chester. Same ownership. I purchased a car online at the advertised price using their website. They went as far as to do a hard pull of my credit for the purchase. I was then called by the dealership that they couldn't sell me the car for the price listed on their website. So they dinged my credit score and no G-Wagon. I just looked on their website and they have a cash price of $217k for a Magno Olive G63 with Saddle interior. I bet if you call them, they'll tell you they won't sell it for the advertised price. The experience affected me in a negative way, it wasn't a neutral encounter. It worked out with a different dealership and I'm the proud owner of a 2024 Magno Copper Orange G63. It irks me that I didn't finance with MB but the 2nd dealership also pulled my credit. So two dings, they couldn't even use the pull from the 1st dealership. It's aggravating.

Last edited by SLS; 05-01-2024 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:07 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Old 05-02-2024, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by SLS
Stay away from Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati and Mercedes Benz of West Chester. Same ownership. I purchased a car online at the advertised price using their website. They went as far as to do a hard pull of my credit for the purchase. I was then called by the dealership that they couldn't sell me the car for the price listed on their website. So they dinged my credit score and no G-Wagon. I just looked on their website and they have a cash price of $217k for a Magno Olive G63 with Saddle interior. I bet if you call them, they'll tell you they won't sell it for the advertised price. The experience affected me in a negative way, it wasn't a neutral encounter. It worked out with a different dealership and I'm the proud owner of a 2024 Magno Copper Orange G63. It irks me that I didn't finance with MB but the 2nd dealership also pulled my credit. So two dings, they couldn't even use the pull from the 1st dealership. It's aggravating.
My understanding is that dealers can advertise vehicles at MSRP, and as long as the price is stated as such, a dealer is not bound to honoring that -- an ADM can be added. Many dealers seem to be listing their actual marked-up price just to avoid confusion among potential buyers. You can always offer MSRP as an opener.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:33 AM

Received 352 Likes on 242 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Maybe you can lend it from all the money you collect under the bridge as a popular troll
hyperion667 (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 12:37 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Baltistyle
Maybe you can lend it from all the money you collect under the bridge as a popular troll
That's not a bad idea, lemme get on that and I'll report back.

Truth be told, the bridge even has a great internet connection
Old 05-02-2024, 07:14 PM
SLS

My understanding is that dealers can advertise vehicles at MSRP, and as long as the price is stated as such, a dealer is not bound to honoring that -- an ADM can be added. Many dealers seem to be listing their actual marked-up price just to avoid confusion among potential buyers. You can always offer MSRP as an opener.
Yup all true. The difference is that their website allowed me to place an order and had me fill out the documents to make the purchase. It should have stopped the process and not gone as far as to do a hard pull. Then I could have just walked away no worse off. A hard pull dings your credit score.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by SLS
Yup all true. The difference is that their website allowed me to place an order and had me fill out the documents to make the purchase. It should have stopped the process and not gone as far as to do a hard pull. Then I could have just walked away no worse off. A hard pull dings your credit score.
Don't want to hijack this thread with a rant on FICO scores, but I regard them as ridiculous. It's unfortunate that they're relied upon exclusively in consumer matters (and elsewhere). When I picked up my G550 a couple years ago, I had a local bank check for the full purchase price. Despite this, the finance guy insisted he couldn't accept the check without pulling a credit check. Because Experian had been hacked a few months earlier, my account was locked, and I didn't have my access credentials with me. Total stupidity all the way around.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:29 AM
SLS

Don't want to hijack this thread with a rant on FICO scores, but I regard them as ridiculous. It's unfortunate that they're relied upon exclusively in consumer matters (and elsewhere). When I picked up my G550 a couple years ago, I had a local bank check for the full purchase price. Despite this, the finance guy insisted he couldn't accept the check without pulling a credit check. Because Experian had been hacked a few months earlier, my account was locked, and I didn't have my access credentials with me. Total stupidity all the way around.
Agreed.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 EQB250+; 2004 CLK320 Cabriolet
So Jeyson still works there huh. I found him to be genuine enough, but found that the middle management that he defers to as the epitome of the car salesman stereotype. They lied to my face repeatedly about receiving reimbursement for charging costs ensued before they were able to properly program the Mercedes me app to allow the free charging for two years that was the cornerstone of the sale of my leased 2023 EQB 250+
I would think twice about having any further contact with this dealership. I like my Mercedes, but these folks represent the brand poorly