General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Dont know what button this is?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
380sec
Dont know what button this is?

Hello, I just bought a 380SEC and i have no idea what button thats located on the centre console does. Its the button thats between the defroster button and the Hazard button on the top row on the left side. On the other side of the hazard button is the sunroof button. It kind of looks like a rectangle beaming something. I thought it might be for the fog light but they dont turn on which also means i have no idea how to turn on the fog lights. Anyone out there that can help me?

Also i put a full tank of premium unleaded petrol and i only got 410km out of it. Does this seem right?

Thanks
First time Merc owner
Old 03-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,835 Likes on 3,022 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Seems like the "air recirculation switch".

Fuel capacity for a 1988 US market model is listed as 23.8 US gallons plus 3.3 US gallons reserve = 27.1 US gallons total. 410km = 254 miles / 27.1 gallons = less than 10 miles per US gallon. If the reserve fuel capacity is not included, consumption would be 254 miles / 23.8 US gallons = 10.7 miles per US gallon. Something seems not 100% OK with the engine performance. Replace air filter, spark plugs and spark plug wires as a first step. Then it will require fuel system diagnosis such as air flow sensor, ignition module function, checking hoses for vacuum leaks, and more.

http://assets.mbusa.com/vcm/CAC_RAPM...60SEC%20OM.pdf