General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

My hidden w108 mysteries (euro spec 1966 250s)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 06:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 C250
My hidden w108 mysteries (euro spec 1966 250s)

I'll attach two photos.

For the first photo, by my right knee, there's an electrical dial near the floor board between drivers and passenger side (feet area). What is this?

Second photo:

1. Whats that white dial? Im guessing a resistor of sorts for the electric choke, but I'm not ready to take more stuff apart to follow wires.

2. To my understanding and memory, the American market got a pump style windshield washer fluid squirter, and Europe got an electric motor actuated squirter. I'm not sure on this because i have an English language owners manual thats not original to this car, and i have the original owners manual in German, that looks like a Bible that survived the Armenian Genocide. Aside from the fact I havent spoken German in decades, I wouldnt want to disintegrate the book further by flipping pages and trying to read it. In the pic, there's the usual w108 wire connection gangling by where the pump/switch is. I wanted to test it but i couldnt trace any wires to the engine bay. Does what I typed seem right? Is that what those wires are for? If so, where would the wires come through the firewall in the engine bay?

3. That toggle switch is obviously aftermarket. Any guesses? I thought it might be for the electric choke but nope. I hear a pumping/knocking sound but cant follow the sound to anything in the engine bay.

Dial by my left kneee

Mystery white dial, mystery toggle switch, mystery wires that are probably for wiper fluid squirter.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:15 PM

2013 C250
BTW i blew a fuse to the turn signals and while trying to buy one of those post war type fuses, i also bought a bulb for the "foot area". Minutes ago, when i turned on the light to help me put in the new fuse, i realized the "foot area" light is actually a "fuse area" light. I swear these w108s are always interesting.

Last edited by HBguy; 07-16-2021 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:19 PM

2013 C250
Regarding the pump/switch, its possible that it was deemed unsafe in the US (having four petals) so US spec didnt have them. I know my last w108 had a passenger side mirror and hazard lights.... i think amber reflectors also. This one is definitely EU market and originally driven.