Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Loaners.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Mercedes Loaners.

Tommorow im turning in my ML55 for an AC recharge, rear aux light fix, and a un matching door knob, considering that MB of manhattan is a very busy dealership, I might not get my car for 2-3 days. But during those few days without me having a car, I will still need a car. Do I just ask for one? Anything I need to fill out to get one? or is this something that a dealership doesnt have to do even though its nearly a 70k car...

Please Advise... ( Especially Bklynbenz you live here too! )
Old 06-14-2005, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Usually you have to make arrangements with them for a loaner and have them put you on a list.

If you didn't do that....try to show up early as you can. First come first served with loaners....usually.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
I always put in my request when I call to make an appointment. Usually a weeks notice is enough. My dealer picks up my car, leaves the loaner and the reverse when it is completed. Loaners are usually ML's, C Class and some E Class. All no older than a year.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Must be "Nice" my dealership will have my car for 3-4 days, but since I did
not purchase it from them, no loaner I think that MB should
start a military clause. It's not my fault that I am serving my country
and I have to move every so often
Old 06-14-2005, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Childish///AMG
Must be "Nice" my dealership will have my car for 3-4 days, but since I did
not purchase it from them, no loaner I think that MB should
start a military clause. It's not my fault that I am serving my country
and I have to move every so often
The dealership I use does not discriminate those who purchase elsewhere. Everyone over 21 is eligable for a loaner.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by sosh
The dealership I use does not discriminate those who purchase elsewhere. Everyone over 21 is eligable for a loaner.
Is that a "free" loaner??

My dealership offers loaners as well, but you will only get a "complimentary" loaner if you purchased the car from them. Even then though, they only have so many MBs. Loaners are provided by Enterprise.

Loaner policies vary by dealer and have a lot to do with competition in the area.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:03 PM

1996 C36 (Gone but not forgotten), 2004 CLK55, 2008 911 C2S
Originally Posted by revstriker
My dealership offers loaners as well, but you will only get a "complimentary" loaner if you purchased the car from them. Even then though, they only have so many MBs. Loaners are provided by Enterprise.

Loaner policies vary by dealer and have a lot to do with competition in the area.
Our dealer offers free loaners as well, and are about a week out. I too always request the loaner when I make the appointment. Loaners used to be from Enterprise, but now Select does it. New C-Class, ML-Class, or a couple of Hondas .

As for having to purchase the car from them, we specifically asked before we bought the CLK because we were going to buy from someplace else. The service manager said no, they absolutely do not care where you bought the car, you still get a free loaner. But one day many months ago, I got asked when I made an appt. for the C36 if we bought the car there from the receptionist. The CLK will be due for Sched B in a couple of months, so we'll see (and if asked, I'll say yes, we bought the car there anyway - think the receptionist is going to actually look it up?)

Trending Topics

Old 06-16-2005, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by revstriker
Is that a "free" loaner??

Yes, absolutly free. I do put gas in it if I drive it a lot but thats not required. I have never gotten one that was not spotless and had more than 10000 miles on it. These people are a pleasure to do business with. They must have 60 or so loaners.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML430
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
Tommorow im turning in my ML55 for an AC recharge, rear aux light fix, and a un matching door knob, considering that MB of manhattan is a very busy dealership, I might not get my car for 2-3 days. But during those few days without me having a car, I will still need a car. Do I just ask for one? Anything I need to fill out to get one? or is this something that a dealership doesnt have to do even though its nearly a 70k car...

Please Advise... ( Especially Bklynbenz you live here too! )
The way To do it is to request a loaner when you are making your appointment for service....... More than likely if you ask for one without an appointment they will say they are all booked out.... I get a free loaner even though I did not buy my MB from them.