Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Just got back from the Mercedes ML Road Rally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
Just got back from the Mercedes ML Road Rally

Just attended the Rally Mercedes sponsored at the IX center here in Cleveland. Although it was fun, it was nowhere near the amount of stuff they had last year at that summer driving event tour. They had a course laid out for us with the most expensive cars you can drive being the E500 and the ML500. They had a C230, ML350, and E350 as well. This was compared to last year where they had 4 different courses and gave you the opportunity to tear up an SL500 and test 4-matic.

Even the freebies given away were a bit of a downer (gave NOVA water and if you filled out a survey you got a mustard/pumpkin colored hat with MB logo). Last yr, in addition to hats, water, they gave tennis *****, and had a lot of drinks/massages available.

On an up note though, the new ML500 was fun to drive. I had a M class loaner when my car was serviced last yr and I could tell that this yr's model is a tremendous improvement (interior styling really was nice) and the ride was great too.

Just hope MB has more tours which allow us to again touch the elite cars.