Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Tele Aid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tele Aid?

I just got a new benz, and signed up for the first year free trial (thirty total minutes for free).

Is it worth the money to continue? Or are services worth it?

Also, just got back from Europe. C32 wagon is sweet. Also, new E class is big improvement over old style.

Oh, I forgot. My car rental, a Nissan Primera, had GPS computer. My first experience and totally amazing. Don't rent a car without one!!!!

Newbii
Old 07-08-2002, 04:34 PM

2008 C300 Sport
If you don't have a cell phone, Tele Aid is probably worth it. Also, it has vehicle tracking should the car get stolen. This might lower your insurance costs.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
yeah i renew's my Tele-Aid. I do alot of driving and I'm not too good with directions so it a "last resort" thing too.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Be careful, free does not mean no cost. They charge for airtime (after the free 30 minutes) and they charge for services such as directions from what I understand. I cancelled mine because when I did use it, it did not meet my expectations. It was slow and the people seemed unimformed when I asked them a question about the car.

I live in a heavily populated area with excellent cell phone coverage and I can call the same exact MB roadside assitance service or AAA (my choice, not Teleaid). The dealer told me that most people that steal MBs know to break off the antenna on the back window so they can't be tracked. It's not so much the $240 but the idea that I get nothing or little for it. If I had to pay for cell service I would rather get a better calling plan with my $20/mo.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:40 AM

W203
oh oh!!:p :p I feel a moving tread!
Old 07-09-2002, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

going ... going ..going.. MOVED!

if you have a cellphone... it's pretty much the same thing.. it just a cool toy.. i just used up my 30 mins and cancelled it..