Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

What does P.D.I mean??? (in automobile industry)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 SIR
Lightbulb What does P.D.I mean??? (in automobile industry)

As the Topic says, what does PDI mean? and what does it stand for??
i always see this in car purchase transaction. Such as PDI and Frieght etc.......

How does car industry work? I mean the flow of this business.

EX::"Honda", they order the car from Honda Canada directly or Is it like the flow demonstrate below:

"Manufacture, then to PDI (central of distribution) and then to dealership"

From maunfacture to dealership?? Any intermediary involve in this??
and where does dealership get the car from?

and the installation of options & accessories is from the Central of distribution or from dealership??

How come in Canada, we can only buy Honda car at Honda dealership?? and not like Toronto or the States, they can have a company name ABC Auto and are authorized to sell Honda and other brands?

Anyone know of any big international trading company that are in autoparts business sector?

Thanks for you guys input
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MTL_HK; 08-19-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
PDI- predelivery inspection.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
It’s Pre Delivery Inspection, it happens when the car dealer take off the artificial wrappers from the new car and inspect properly each & everything where customer can also inspect whole car and ask the dealer to install some more accessories according to his choice. The car buyer should always inspect and check the new car before he makes any payment. When I bought a used car, I inspected each and everything minutely.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 SL550
Originally Posted by marshallyoung
It’s Pre Delivery Inspection, it happens when the car dealer take off the artificial wrappers from the new car and inspect properly each & everything where customer can also inspect whole car and ask the dealer to install some more accessories according to his choice. The car buyer should always inspect and check the new car before he makes any payment. When I bought a used car, I inspected each and everything minutely.
It's a bit more than taking the wrappers off, one thing I would always look at when buying a new car is to make sure the brake backing plate covers have been removed. Some dealers forget about these and they can be a fire hazard if left on.