Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

First victim of the "crack down"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Ah so you're the guy with the Porsche.
My condolences. :d
i admit that i strayed. heh. but, i try and balance it out w/ two MBs. heh.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by aintME
i have to say it was my fault. my car the lights themselves are red/white. one of the bulbs went out, and instead of replacing it with an amber bulb, i replaced both with clear. never had a problem before..until recently
OK, you're forgiven :p
Old 08-23-2005, 12:51 AM

Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by E55AMG99
OK, you're forgiven :p
but yea, cops suck.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
but yea, cops suck.
Too bad so many people feel this way (until they need one) about cops. I guess I used to be that way too until I became a parent 16+ years ago and even more so after 9/11.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Too bad so many people feel this way (until they need one) about cops. I guess I used to be that way too until I became a parent 16+ years ago and even more so after 9/11.
i agree with you on that point -but
many cops do not behave like normal citizens when they are off duty, they brake the law more than average Joe. To top that off they do not live in the neighborhood or even city that they patrol that is a big problem.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by RobertG
i agree with you on that point -but
many cops do not behave like normal citizens when they are off duty, they brake the law more than average Joe. To top that off they do not live in the neighborhood or even city that they patrol that is a big problem.
True, it must be hard to switch to civilian mode after bending the traffic laws all day during the course of duty. I don't see how not living in the neighborhood they patrol is an issue. Am I missing something important? In Los Gatos, CA, the average home price is 2X the price of a home just 5 miles away in San Jose. With police wages beig so low, I can't blame them.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

years back cops lived in the neighborhood and knew everybody, they knew if your from the area or not .I'm talking about urban areas, the cops need to understand the poeple that live there.I moved to the suburbs about a year ago and the cops live in the town that they patrol.They stopped a burgulary just because they didnt recognize a car in the driveway-good work.But if your a cop and are hanging with your pals drinking and driving and having fun on other peoples expense and then the next day you bust them for the same thing youre guilty of , that is not seting a good example and are a hypocrite.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
years back cops lived in the neighborhood and knew everybody, they knew if your from the area or not .I'm talking about urban areas, the cops need to understand the poeple that live there.I moved to the suburbs about a year ago and the cops live in the town that they patrol.They stopped a burgulary just because they didnt recognize a car in the driveway-good work.But if your a cop and are hanging with your pals drinking and driving and having fun on other peoples expense and then the next day you bust them for the same thing youre guilty of , that is not seting a good example and are a hypocrite.
Good points.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
my 2004 F150 has a 6" fabtech suspension lift and 35x12.50 BF-A/T and im certainly not the problem. a truck simply being lifted a moderate amount is hardly a reason for increased scrutiny.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:48 PM

Mercedes-Benz
.But if your a cop and are hanging with your pals drinking and driving and having fun on other peoples expense and then the next day you bust them for the same thing youre guilty of , that is not seting a good example and are a hypocrite.
I've learned not to pass by any cops with fajitas cause you might get your *** beat for them.

Sadly, over the past 3 decades, my respect for cops has fallen a great deal. My "bad" encounters have far outweighed the good. In my experience, they haven't been there when you needed them, or, they got there just a bit too late. I am of course biased by the ones I have interacted with in my city.

At the same time, my respect for firefighters has grown exponentially. I still believe there are a number of cops out there who are truly there to protect and serve. They have my upmost respect. I just feel that they are outweighed by those who just like the power of the shield and are more or less just cashing a check.

BTW, I have seen a number of personal cars of police officers that are "modified." Do you think they ticket themselves?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
I am of course biased by the ones I have interacted with in my city.
you must be talking about SF cops. they are real jerks sometimes
Old 08-23-2005, 12:58 PM

Mercedes-Benz
you must be talking about SF cops. they are real jerks sometimes
absoF'nlutely
Old 08-23-2005, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
I got a ticket for "parking" in the white zone (baggage claim curb) at SFO about 6 years ago. I was picking up my 95 year old grandmother who was using a walker at a snail's pace. They saw her coming through the baggage area and told me to go around again because by the time I got back, she'd be to the curb. I refused becasue it was one of those rare cold and miserable nights so they called for a tow truck and stared writing. She barely beat the tow truck but if she hadn't, there would have been a lawsuit instead of letters to the mayor and police chief. Parking arbitrator eventually dropped the cite and refunded my fine when I showed them a copy of the written appology from Slick Willie's office. Grandma spit on the original and tossed into the fireplace! Tough old bird!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:35 PM

Mercedes-Benz
I got a ticket for "parking" in the white zone (baggage claim curb) at SFO about 6 years ago. I was picking up my 95 year old grandmother who was using a walker at a snail's pace. They saw her coming through the baggage area and told me to go around again because by the time I got back, she'd be to the curb. I refused becasue it was one of those rare cold and miserable nights so they called for a tow truck and stared writing. She barely beat the tow truck but if she hadn't, there would have been a lawsuit instead of letters to the mayor and police chief. Parking arbitrator eventually dropped the cite and refunded my fine when I showed them a copy of the written appology from Slick Willie's office. Grandma spit on the original and tossed into the fireplace! Tough old bird!
I have so many stories I could share... I actually witnessed a similar occurrence years back. This was when the DPT was still part of the SFPD. Guy was waiting/parked in a white zone while his wife was helping the mother (elderly) down a flight of stairs. The lady was old and obviously had trouble walking.

DPT comes along and tells the guy he has to move. The guy points out the lady who was probably 20 or so feet away. DPT officer shakes his head as if he doesn't care and proceeds to write him up. The guy, irate at this time, starts yelling at the DPT officer who in turn yells back.

During the heated exchange, the DPT officer gets on his radio and must have put in a distress call. Because, next thing you know, there are about 6 squad cars and a couple of motorcycle cops at the scene.

They put the guy in cuffs and have him sit on the curb. The guy's wife is pleading with whoever will listen. It takes about 1/2 hour before the dust settles and the stories get straightened out. They finally let the guy go. And yes, he still got the ticket.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i got one that is good too :
I parked in the meter spot get out ,walked around the car towards the meter, stuck my hands in my pocket for change and out of the corner of my eye i see the parking enforcement moron pull up and stop by my car by the time i put money in the meter i got a ticket, I stated to the so called officer that i put money in and her answer was that she started to write it and can' t stop go to court to fight it.My time is a bit more valuable to go and sit in the court - avg.time 3 hours,I went anyway just so somebdy will hear how these clowns operate. Just think we pay for that kind if service.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:17 PM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
I've got to ask.....E55AMG99 who is that pic of?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:56 PM

Yeah the styled/modificed cars are gonna die! then the SL mabye avoid the bad stylings brands
Old 08-23-2005, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by guitarplayer
I've got to ask.....E55AMG99 who is that pic of?
Don't know her name. Looks like the girl of my dreams (my wife) when she was about 20.