Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mb Hawaii Sucks!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Mb Hawaii Sucks!!!!!!!!

I took my w211 e500 AGAIN for something. this time the part took about a month and a half to get in. it was the motor for the door lock. last time i took it in for the rear door speaker and that took almost 4 months to get in . now the best part of all this is that my gf had left a $100 bill in the little compartment next to the glove box. you know the one that comes out when you press it. well it was nicely folded in there and when i get my car back today the $100 turned into a $10!!! they also felt like changing my radio station settings and play my cds!!!!!! it took them 2 days to replace the stupid door lock motor and then they felt like robbing me!!!!! i called the GM and all he could tell me was sorry and if i needed anything in the future i should call him. he said the he knew the people that worked on my car and that he trusted them!!!!! I HATE MB HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what should i do?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:55 AM
ON PROBATION

Rule Number 2 for leaving your car anywhere in anyone else's hands for service: do not leave anything of value in the car. Especially not cash!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
See if they put on excessive miles on your car if they did ,bring that to the GM's attention see how he weasels out of that one.I bet that the lot attendant enjoyed your car not the mechanic.Usually mechanics have better things to do like work on another job as opposed to hanging out in someones car.I say a free oil change would be a way for them to make thing right with you.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by tymlesE500
I took my w211 e500 AGAIN for something. this time the part took about a month and a half to get in. it was the motor for the door lock. last time i took it in for the rear door speaker and that took almost 4 months to get in . now the best part of all this is that my gf had left a $100 bill in the little compartment next to the glove box. you know the one that comes out when you press it. well it was nicely folded in there and when i get my car back today the $100 turned into a $10!!! they also felt like changing my radio station settings and play my cds!!!!!! it took them 2 days to replace the stupid door lock motor and then they felt like robbing me!!!!! i called the GM and all he could tell me was sorry and if i needed anything in the future i should call him. he said the he knew the people that worked on my car and that he trusted them!!!!! I HATE MB HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what should i do?
Sorry about your ordeal but I must say that you live in Hawaii bro ! Be Happy ! I *** luv Hawaii
Old 01-12-2006, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by benzondubz
Sorry about your ordeal but I must say that you live in Hawaii bro ! Be Happy ! I *** luv Hawaii
Stories like this makes it hard to believe the common phrase expressed by Hawaiians....."NO WORRIES".....Ya right!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:08 AM

CLS55 AMG
they did put some miles on my car. i noticed that there was about 20-30 miles more then when i left it.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Reminds me of an incident years ago when I took a Nissan in for an oil change. This car had a radio antenna that automatically extended and retracted when the radio was turned on and off. I could see the back of the car through the waiting room window. The antenna was going up, down...up, down...up, down. I complained to the manager. Finally the monkey finishes the job. I get in the car to find all the station presets were changed. WTF are these guys thinking?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by tymlesE500
they did put some miles on my car. i noticed that there was about 20-30 miles more then when i left it.
Probably took your car and cash and bought lunch for the $tealership.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:01 AM

2005 AMG E55
that is BS! had my car in there for one week for a silly part. had to drive a c230 for a week. still a nice car by most standards but not after you drive an e-class everyday. that was brutal!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
that is enlightening

im trying to talk the wife into a 2-3 year relocate to maui/kaui.i have allways been aware of the howle predjudice factor but never considered it would extend into the MB arena.you can "F" with me but dont "F" with my MB.you should print out your thread and send it to the dealer and educate him on the effect of an injustice like yours.the whole world knows now,not just his detailing lot jockeys/monkeys.of course dont get caught in your favorite surf spot by any of them.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:40 AM

I have had two MBs from the dealer and have nothing but good to say. Sorry about your bad experience.

Aloha,
Larry
Old 10-18-2008, 02:45 AM

2005 AMG E55
Originally Posted by AH1W-COBRA
im trying to talk the wife into a 2-3 year relocate to maui/kaui.i have allways been aware of the howle predjudice factor but never considered it would extend into the MB arena.you can "F" with me but dont "F" with my MB.you should print out your thread and send it to the dealer and educate him on the effect of an injustice like yours.the whole world knows now,not just his detailing lot jockeys/monkeys.of course dont get caught in your favorite surf spot by any of them.
Good luck tying to find straight to open up the beast on those islands. It is beautiful there. As for the Haole thing, its a common courtesy or local lifestyle thing. Simple things like waving when someone lets you merge in front of them, use your blinker, don't drop in on a wave when someone's on it, take off your footwear when you enter someone's home, address all elders as uncle or aunty followed by a first name even though you're not blood related, never show up empty handed when invited over to eat at someone's home (chips, cookies, snacks don't cut it. You always bring enough to feed yourself and all those who come with you), etc...