Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

American Service Center, Arlington VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
2root4U,

No idea how they would respond to mods other than within MB corporate guidelines. When I moved to Arlington from Baltimore I had my '00 serviced there twice; then bought my '05 (from a dealer in Baltimore). Had it serviced there as well. They never missed a beat.

Letsjet,

We were in Baltimore for 11 years. In 2005 we sold our house, and leased in Arlington for a year in preparation for our permanent move to our home in Tampa, FL - we had owned in Tampa for 4 years, using the residence as a vacation home until October 2006, when we moved permanently.

Last edited by Skylaw; 01-19-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Originally Posted by Skylaw

Letsjet,

We were in Baltimore for 11 years. .......until October 2006, when we moved permanently.
Got it........ enjoy Florida.... I bet it's a bit warmer today.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350
not to bring up an old thread.... but I didn't want to create yet another thread about ASC in Arlington, VA.

Here's my new story:

My wife stopped by the dealership earlier today to get a light bulb replaced. ("front right marker lamp")

She had the most awful customer service experience, and she was told that our service rep was out at lunch, and there was no hospitality whatsoever.

There was an extremely long wait, as the light bulb was not replaced in the customer area (as was originally promised). The car was taken away, and no one had any information as to where it was, until it was finally returned.

From my previous customer surveys, I made it clear that I had really horrible customer experiences. In the past, my worst experience was when my service rep was at a meeting, and the service area had closed for the day, and no one knew where my car was, and I had already returned the rental to Enterprise. I only got an apology from the service rep _after_ I had filled out the survey.

I am very disappointed, especially since I already contacted my rep by email before today's visit. Even though he was not there personally, there was no substitute person to offer a little courtesy.

I have purchased two new cars from ASC while in my 20s, and look forward to getting at least 2 more in the near future. I would hope that they can provide better service than this.

~shahedc

Last edited by shahedC; 04-23-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

An awful set of experiences indeed.

When my own service rep was not present, I have gone over to one that was - they helped me. Wouldn't help where the whole department was closed, but may have helped in one of the instances.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Skylaw
An awful set of experiences indeed.

When my own service rep was not present, I have gone over to one that was - they helped me. Wouldn't help where the whole department was closed, but may have helped in one of the instances.
well, it has its ups and downs.

Whenever I get bad service, I am honest in my survey... then I get some good service after that, so at least they're listening.

But then again, it goes back to being bad service... the funny thing is, I still like the showroom, and I would definitely go back there for my next purchase.

I tried the showroom in Alexandria, but they're not very helpful.

I tried the showroom in Tysons, and they aren't bad, but I know my sales guy at Arlington, so it's still my top choice for purchase.

Out of curiosity, I also went to Carmax, but they are clueless about cars. (at least in my experience anyway.)

~shahedc
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 PM

GL550
I am sure that you must be talking about yet another Frank, because this is not the Frank Azimi that I know. I have purchased many cars from Frank and have gotten to know him very well. He has no reason to "man the door" since most all his customers come from repeat clientele and referrels. He has been the #1 salesman for Pe-Owned Mercedes in the country for the last 10 years.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, I wish your Frank had been working new cars when I called twice to inquire about a brand-new '06 S500 4-Matic I had seen on the new car lot when the sales office was closed for Labor Day weekend (yes, all three days) three years ago. Despite leaving my home and office contact numbers, and specifically describing the vehicle, I received no return call at all, at either number. Before they can have repeat customers, they have to have first-time customers - and failure to return customer inquiries, especially about a specific car on the lot, is a good way to lose them.

After a week of waiting, I went to a competitor, and bought my current car. After placing two calls and leaving two messages, I wasn't going to call them again. I did not have a good impression of the ASC new car sales staff. However, the rest of the dealership was fine.

Last edited by Skylaw; 11-13-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 BMW 335i
Not sure what to think. Their DealerRating profile is terrible:

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Am...iew-773/page2/

It looks like the website even caught them posting fake reviews to try to improve their reputation.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:39 PM

E320 Mercedes
Angry ASC in Va is DISHONEST!

MB dealership in Arlington is absolutely dishonest, disgraceful and incompetent. I brought my E320 in to get the catalytic converter replaced. In 2007, I brought it in to replace the other one so I was familar with the problem. I made the appointment 3 weeks in advance for 9 am. When I dropped it off, my service advisor stated that they would not be able to look at it until 1pm! I told him that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced and it was still under warranty so I would need a rental car. He told me that since I did not purchase my car at the dealership and he did not know if it was the catalytic converter then he refused. He was rude and disrespectful! Needless to say, I got a rental car and left.
Hours later, my service advisor calls and tells me it is the muffler NOT the catalytic converter. I was shocked! I decided that since I was treated so poorly that I would pick it up and told them not to fix it. He was FURIOUS! I picked it up without it being washed and greasy paper seat covers left in my car!

I took it to another mechanic to get the MUFFLER fixed. He called me back and told me that NOTHING was wrong with the muffler it was the CATALYTIC CONVERTER that needed to be replaced!!!!

I decided to call the GM to voice my grave concerns/treatment. He called me back after hearing my story and gathering info. He told me that "For some reason, we can't find the test for the catalytic converter"!! Can you believe it?? He started raising his voice at me when I got angry and said "What do YOU want ME to do?" There should be laws to protect customers for wrongful behavior. They took me for a fool. STAY AWAY!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Originally Posted by Theodore
MB dealership in Arlington is absolutely dishonest, disgraceful and incompetent. I brought my E320 in to get the catalytic converter replaced. In 2007, I brought it in to replace the other one so I was familar with the problem. I made the appointment 3 weeks in advance for 9 am. When I dropped it off, my service advisor stated that they would not be able to look at it until 1pm! I told him that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced and it was still under warranty so I would need a rental car. He told me that since I did not purchase my car at the dealership and he did not know if it was the catalytic converter then he refused. He was rude and disrespectful! Needless to say, I got a rental car and left.
Hours later, my service advisor calls and tells me it is the muffler NOT the catalytic converter. I was shocked! I decided that since I was treated so poorly that I would pick it up and told them not to fix it. He was FURIOUS! I picked it up without it being washed and greasy paper seat covers left in my car!

I took it to another mechanic to get the MUFFLER fixed. He called me back and told me that NOTHING was wrong with the muffler it was the CATALYTIC CONVERTER that needed to be replaced!!!!

I decided to call the GM to voice my grave concerns/treatment. He called me back after hearing my story and gathering info. He told me that "For some reason, we can't find the test for the catalytic converter"!! Can you believe it?? He started raising his voice at me when I got angry and said "What do YOU want ME to do?" There should be laws to protect customers for wrongful behavior. They took me for a fool. STAY AWAY!

Sadly, but it's very typical behavior. Had a very similar incident w/ ASC two years with my CL 500. Bunch of incompetent jokers working there. They have no concept of customer service, honesty and integrity. I will never bring my car for service or buying a new car.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by djamer
Sadly, but it's very typical behavior. Had a very similar incident w/ ASC two years with my CL 500. Bunch of incompetent jokers working there. They have no concept of customer service, honesty and integrity. I will never bring my car for service or buying a new car.
hey Amer, long time no see...!

staying on topic: i gotta agree, ASC sucks in service.

Here's what happened when they had a food event and there was an SLR roadster on the show floor (this was a while back)

I asked to sit in the SLR, and the manager refused... I pointed out that others had sat in it before, and he said that he had to lock the doors, because too many people were touching it, and that it costs half a million bucks, and that no one would want to buy it if too many people were touching it.

When I told him that I had already purchased a couple of NEW cars at ASC, and that I have been a repeat customer while in my 20s, his frown quickly turned to a smile, and he stretched out his hand to offer a handshake.

Seriously... this is how they treat their customers?

I am in my early 30s now, and do plan to get more new Mercedes cars... but will have second thoughts before going to ASC.

A colleague of mine went down to Fredericksburg to get his C63 AMG, so maybe I should check out that next time...