Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Probs being a young MB driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by cyntaxx
I've glanced over most of the posts in this thread, which initially caught my attention because I too fit the aforementioned profile: Asian, 23, with a G500, and I am left wondering what I'm missing from the equation.

Don't get me wrong, I do get looks, but not as many as some of the folks on here and I'm a little surprised by that. And I'm from the Midwest! When I attended Purdue, there were more than a handful of nice cars on campus; every other Asian had at least a 3-Series or C-Class. Prime examples were a Gemballa Boxter, a Brabus CLK, a CLS, a Hamann X5 4.4, and what seemed like countless 325s and C230s. It was just assumed that you had a nice car if you looked non-caucasian (maybe that's a stretch). The only time I got stares was for being non-white and driving my Lightning!

Now, I live in Carmel, IN, a relatively wealthy suburb of Indianapolis. Again, same thing - I see very nice cars on a daily basis and hardly ever get stares, even when I venture into the city. Am I doing something wrong here? Should I start trolling smaller towns, or the projects?

The only time I do get those looks is typically when I pull into a hotel lobby or some similar venue (valet at a nicer restaurant, theatre, etc.) and usually then the perpetrator is caucasian, middle-aged, in a cheap suit and driving a Fiesta (okay, maybe not). I think the only time I sensed obvious jealousy up close and in person was from a salesman at the Lexus dealership (was looking at the IS350 for the girlfriend), but it may have just been because his job app was rejected from the MB dealership? ?

Now that I think about it, I'm also the "kid" who shows up to Starbucks every morning, waiting in line with the suits of the world in flip-flops and jeans, and still no looks (I work a pretty cool job, and not for mommy or daddy).

I want more looks! I want to see jaws drop and fists clenched when I roll by! Isn't that the entire point of owning a car most others can't afford? - to instill jealousy and envy?

Give me my 33 seconds of life back please.
Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by fazooley
Hmmm lets recap :
Got License :
88 Crown Victoria
1993 Honda Civic ..First New Car
Old School Dodge gross car with T-Tops
..So FAr No Love for me
1995 Mitsubishi Galant <stepped up to the leathers here, WOOHOO>
Heres where all the hating started!
1999 Mercedes S320LWB
2002 Audi A6 3.0
2004 Mercedes E500
2006 Mercedes CLS500
2007 Mercedes C230
2007 Infiniti M45
2007 BMW 760LI
2007 BMW M6
2008 Aston Martin Vantage
2006 Ferrari F430 Spyder

At 29, Im HATED on the road, lol
that was great when abbey *****ted on ray-krills in the galant on the way home from albany hahahahaha - rachel deuces!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:00 AM

G500
Originally Posted by clkcadet
Give me my 33 seconds of life back please.
Thanks

Learn to read faster!
Old 11-03-2007, 03:58 AM

1 V10, 2 V8
I just turned 24 a couple months ago. When I was in college, my parents bought me a Lexus RX300 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII. Maybe you will say I am spoiled but I don't care. I graduated college with a Chemical and Biological Engineering degree. Then I found a job in sales and got promoted really quick to a Regional Sales Director. I BOUGHT my own w209 CLK55 AMG when I was 22. However, I resigned since I want a career change and a long vacation. I savd up enough money to do so. Never asked my parents for a dime since I graduated and have been on my own. Have been jobless since April but I am still making payments on my car. When I go to work, I am in a suit. Off work., I am in jeans or sweatpants. I just moved back to NYC. I have never seen anyone give me weird looks. From New York City to syracuse, to rochester, to buffalo, to niagara falls, to toronto, to markham to richmond hills.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by vraa
I went from a Lexus to a BMW and soon something else. I drive like a badass.
I don't give a crap what others think. I am who I am and I love it!

Don't pay no attention to others, if they touch your car, break their legs.
i love it
Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM

'05 S600,' 04 GTO,Ducati 1098S
Cool

I'm only 21 and drive a Mercedes S600 with Lorinser kit and $7000 Avus wheels and down here in Miami its normal to see young people with expensive cars. On the other hand when my friend purchased a brand new Lambo Gallardo Spyder at the age of 24 EVERYBODY and their mother was HATING and JOCKING us. Cruising on South Beach, I've never gotten so many nasty looks and stares before in my life. At a gas station I heard this old white lady talking loud to her friend on purpose and she said, "They must be dealing drugs to afford that." My boy snapped at her and said, "*****, this is Miami. This whole city was built on drugs."
Heres some pics of my car and myself at my house and also a few pictures of my boys garage:

Last edited by BigBody6; 11-08-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Originally Posted by BigBody6
At a gas station I heard this old white lady talking loud to her friend on purpose and she said, "They must be dealing drugs to afford that." My boy snapped at her and said, "*****, this is Miami. This whole city was built on drugs."
So does that mean that you ARE dealing drugs? That's a sexy S600 though, no homo.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

German
I'm only 21 and drive a Mercedes S600 with Lorinser kit and $7000 Avus wheels and down here in Miami its normal to see young people with expensive cars. On the other hand when my friend purchased a brand new Lambo Gallardo Spyder at the age of 24 EVERYBODY and their mother was HATING and JOCKING us. Cruising on South Beach, I've never gotten so many nasty looks and stares before in my life. At a gas station I heard this old white lady talking loud to her friend on purpose and she said, "They must be dealing drugs to afford that." My boy snapped at her and said, "*****, this is Miami. This whole city was built on drugs."
Heres some pics of my car and myself at my house and also a few pictures of my boys garage:

If you dont mind me asking what do u and your boy do for a living ?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 PM

No, I don't mind. I own my own restaurant as well as do nightclub promotion in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale Beach. My friend is in the nightclub business as well and also does real estate.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
99' SL500, 16' i3, 14' Passat TDI SEL
No, I don't mind. I own my own restaurant as well as do nightclub promotion in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale Beach. My friend is in the nightclub business as well and also does real estate.
you are 21 and own a nightclub.
you said you bought the 600 after you graduated highschool. im raising the
on this.
i didnt want to call BS on you and the car because i got the clk55 during HS. but that was really because of my parents, i didnt do anything to get it really. the s320 is a hand-me-down, and i bought the 600 used for 19k.

but owning your own restaraunt, cl65 , and lambo coming, i must say thats wishful thinking unless you are in the drug business and/or your parents are very generous (which is totally okay).
im going to assume you dont go to college, since youre a
'restaraunt owner', owners of anything never have time to themselves let alone be able to go to school. you would have to deal with over-head, clients, business partners, employees, lease landlord, alchohol vendors, up-keep, manager meetings, etc.
and you are in real estate? i must say that market has been dead and gone for a while. nice claim on that one. i dont care what you say about that one, i and other people, like Trez63 will call on you very quickly since ive been in mortages (bro is a broker and owned a mortgage company....keyword:owned, and trez does property management i believe).

for whatever reason you may slip under the radar for this, but mark my words..your days on this board is numbered. keep it real and be cool and no one cares, make outragous claims and get burned.

enjoy your stay at mbworld.com!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Vasir
you are 21 and own a nightclub.
you said you bought the 600 after you graduated highschool. im raising the
on this.
i didnt want to call BS on you and the car because i got the clk55 during HS. but that was really because of my parents, i didnt do anything to get it really. the s320 is a hand-me-down, and i bought the 600 used for 19k.

but owning your own restaraunt, cl65 , and lambo coming, i must say thats wishful thinking unless you are in the drug business and/or your parents are very generous (which is totally okay).
im going to assume you dont go to college, since youre a
'restaraunt owner', owners of anything never have time to themselves let alone be able to go to school. you would have to deal with over-head, clients, business partners, employees, lease landlord, alchohol vendors, up-keep, manager meetings, etc.
and you are in real estate? i must say that market has been dead and gone for a while. nice claim on that one. i dont care what you say about that one, i and other people, like Trez63 will call on you very quickly since ive been in mortages (bro is a broker and owned a mortgage company....keyword:owned, and trez does property management i believe).

for whatever reason you may slip under the radar for this, but mark my words..your days on this board is numbered. keep it real and be cool and no one cares, make outragous claims and get burned.

enjoy your stay at mbworld.com!
Outrageous claims? Not really. The real estate my family is involved in is Multi-unit rental properties as well as condo conversions. They are operating very well because A)My father has paid them off a while ago. B) With the resale market in south florida, it only made RENTAL prices skyrocket. C) My parents obviously helped me with the S600 when I got out of high school.

So VASIR, quit your hating and trade that old *** W140 for something nice. Maybe Ill sell you my S600 after I get tired of it but you probably can't afford it. So have a good day sir.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Bigbody6, you said you own a restaurant in this thread but then in OT you said your father owns the restaurant. I'm not trying to get in to the BS part but something seems a little off.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Outrageous claims? Not really. The real estate my family is involved in is Multi-unit rental properties as well as condo conversions. They are operating very well because A)My father has paid them off a while ago. B) With the resale market in south florida, it only made RENTAL prices skyrocket. C) My parents obviously helped me with the S600 when I got out of high school.

So VASIR, quit your hating and trade that old *** W140 for something nice. Maybe Ill sell you my S600 after I get tired of it but you probably can't afford it. So have a good day sir.
my old *** w140 will treat me well for a while, maybe you can send me your 2009 s600 when you grow out of it.
remember, your car doesnt represent how much money you have. have a good day sir..
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ryanr317
Bigbody6, you said you own a restaurant in this thread but then in OT you said your father owns the restaurant. I'm not trying to get in to the BS part but something seems a little off.
My father owns restaurants and I run one of them so therefore I own a restaurant. Why do you guys care what I do or what I own so much? Look a the pictures of my car and stop acting like the feds. Peoples are incomes are personal. So if anyone bashes me I will report you the moderators because of harrasement. Thanks, and Vair don't take it personal but mind your own business. This is the last time I m going to speak to you haters about this. I never let anyone call me a liar!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My father owns restaurants and I run one of them so therefore I own a restaurant. Why do you guys care what I do or what I own so much? Look a the pictures of my car and stop acting like the feds. Peoples are incomes are personal. So if anyone bashes me I will report you the moderators because of harrasement. Thanks, and Vair don't take it personal but mind your own business. This is the last time I m going to speak to you haters about this. I never let anyone call me a liar!
you are talkign about your personal life, and income, not us. go report me to the mods. what will they do? especially since we (i) didnt do anything...Harassment? kiss my ***.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
I see we have a cross posting war...

I thought you ran a night club? You said that in another post...

Will give you a day to figure out what you do and them come back to us...

Gosh this reminds me of the kid who said he had a new S600 yet lied, the he had a rang rover and posted pictures of his parents.. what really pwnd him was his 16 year old reflection in the cars paint.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
I see we have a cross posting war...

I thought you ran a night club? You said that in another post...

Will give you a day to figure out what you do and them come back to us...

Gosh this reminds me of the kid who said he had a new S600 yet lied, the he had a rang rover and posted pictures of his parents.. what really pwnd him was his 16 year old reflection in the cars paint.

i can see where this is leading...
Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 AM

CLS63 AMG S
lol oh lord here we go now this is why this thread is called probs being a young mb driver......
Old 11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MilitaryBenz
lol oh lord here we go now this is why this thread is called probs being a young mb driver......
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by Vasir
i can see where this is leading...
yup its leading to >>>>
Old 11-14-2007, 01:56 PM

Cool homos.

how did i get owned??? I didn't lie about anything and actually OWN my own car. Anyone in South Florida can see for themselves. Vasir, is just a hater and they get out right annoying and spiteful.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

how did i get owned??? I didn't lie about anything and actually OWN my own car. Anyone in South Florida can see for themselves. Vasir, is just a hater and they get out right annoying and spiteful.

Im hardly a hater. You're a tool, blow me. Now go to some mods.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM

2007 C230SS
please show car registration with your name.. could solve this.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler
please show car registration with your name.. could solve this.
Also picture in trunk or ban!!!!!!

I see you post pictures of your buddy standing next to a few nice cars... Do you know how many people have come over to my parents house over the years for parties and have snuck into the garage and taken pictures of themeless in Mercedes, BMW, Porsches, Vipers, Vetts ect and worst of all posted them on myspace.. I even have one kid who decided to park his car out in front of my parents house and take a picture and it use it as his myspace.

Last edited by AndrewAZ; 11-14-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM

2006 CLK350
Originally Posted by MilitaryBenz
you're absolutely right. I think i remember reading this thread before. I'm pretty sure it talked about problem with others who were older or didnt have a mercedes. Now two guys, who both have their own are arguing over the internet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Probs being a young MB driver?