Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Probs being a young MB driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
Can you imagine the stuff I get for being on my second Benz that's an AMG?

I am actually quite entertained by it.

Last edited by MercedesFTW; 12-13-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not stock.
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Can you imagine the shuff I get for being on my second Benz that's an AMG?

I am actually quite entertained by it.
how old are you?? lol.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:17 PM

1990 560SEL, 1993 190E 2.3, 2001 BMW M5
nope, never gotten a problem.

got my slk230 when i was 19 (i'm 22 now), but i've never been hated on for being young and driving a Mercedes.

i'm Indian, btw.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by krk230
nope, never gotten a problem.

got my slk230 when i was 19 (i'm 22 now), but i've never been hated on for being young and driving a Mercedes.

i'm Indian, btw.
well not to bust ***** but you slk is a chick car, and on top its the slowest chick car. but i'm guessing when you bought it was still in the high 20K range. Nice job
Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM

not stock.
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
well not to bust ***** but you slk is a chick car, and on top its the slowest chick car. but i'm guessing when you bought it was still in the high 20K range. Nice job
deff. not a nice comment... one thing i can say, is that "chic car" will still eat your car in a race, not to mention around a track AND still get more attention than your soccer mom car

and fyi, its still in the 20s
Old 12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Well...I was born in 1989...

I work, although I did not pay for my car...on my wage it would take me about 100 years! , I pay for my own gas (ouch@14mpg), and pay for some insurance (more of a gesture/the principle of it than the money). I'm not saying I'm not spoiled or anything, just that I understand the value of a dollar and how friggin hard it is to earn one.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:54 PM

not stock.

I work, although I did not pay for my car...on my wage it would take me about 100 years! , I pay for my own gas (ouch@14mpg), and pay for some insurance (more of a gesture/the principle of it than the money). I'm not saying I'm not spoiled or anything, just that I understand the value of a dollar and how friggin hard it is to earn one.

god damn.. talk about baller status not legal to drinnk and already riding a C55 .... i am too on my second benz, 1986 w126 500 & this SLK... LMAO... well, as long as you value it, appreciate it, and take care of it im guessing its all good...
Old 12-13-2006, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by OJwerks
deff. not a nice comment... one thing i can say, is that "chic car" will still eat your car in a race, not to mention around a track AND still get more attention than your soccer mom car

and fyi, its still in the 20s
well i'm not sure about a straight line after all his car is only a 230K. his car is prob stock and he's got
Horsepower 192 @ 5500 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 200 @ 2500 RPM

My soccer mom's car now has an estimated 265-275hp and 275-285 lb/ft torque.

now dont get me wrong i do admit that i came off a bit rough there. I was actualy going to buy the slk but people convinced me it was a chicks car.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
i wish i had your parents OJwerks. I have to pay for everything. Hence me having a 10 year old car. I cant bring my self to accept a hand out from my parents. of course i'm super thankfull my parents pay for my college bills.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:58 PM

not stock.
i wish i had your parents OJwerks. I have to pay for everything. Hence me having a 10 year old car. I cant bring my self to accept a hand out from my parents. of course i'm super thankfull my parents pay for my college bills.

the fact i recieved "this" car from my parents has nothing to do with anything else...please stay on topic, apart, im not hating on your car or its age, im hating on the fact that your talking down to someone else like if your pimpin a CL65.... & fyi, krk230s has a supercharger pulley kit, full remus exhaust, filter & its a manual....

and if your still thinking that your "chip" & riged intake really gave you those whopping gains... you have lots to learn.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I don't get ****.....maybe because I don't tell anybody!
Old 12-14-2006, 07:37 PM

merc
I drive a 2002 C240 bought with 53,000 miles- I paid half the cost and tax. I do get looks from adults- the tension is there, but no one has said anything to me. Neighbors usually just have said "nice car" or asked "is that yours?"

At school there are the lot of luxury cars- one girl drives a brand new Range Rover, sophmore girl got a new 330i, one of my friends just got a new 328i sedan, another person has a M3, several other W203 and W202s, clks, MLs, etc. My neighbor last week just got a 2007 C230 SS for his 18th birthday. Its always awkward when adults or others ask you what kind of car you drive- I tend to just say C240 and hope they don't press any further about the make.

rodngun762

Dude- 17 and you have a C55-- awesome
You are very lucky- sweet car.

Last edited by rodngun762; 12-14-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
the fact i recieved "this" car from my parents has nothing to do with anything else...please stay on topic, apart, im not hating on your car or its age, im hating on the fact that your talking down to someone else like if your pimpin a CL65.... & fyi, krk230s has a supercharger pulley kit, full remus exhaust, filter & its a manual....

and if your still thinking that your "chip" & riged intake really gave you those whopping gains... you have lots to learn.
of course it sounds like that guy saying his honda civic can beat a lambo, his STOCK honda civic can beat a lambo, but here check out this link. THEN tell me whatca think. http://www.powerchipgroup.com/datasheets/1/Mer0020.pdf
i'm doing a dyno this sat. I've been able to do consistant 0-60 in 6 seconds and its been up to 160. as for my "rigged" intake its a gruppe m carbon fiber intake. Retail 850 bucks.

Last edited by Tommy_s4; 12-15-2006 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by rodngun762
I drive a 2002 C240 bought with 53,000 miles- I paid half the cost and tax. I do get looks from adults- the tension is there, but no one has said anything to me. Neighbors usually just have said "nice car" or asked "is that yours?"

At school there are the lot of luxury cars- one girl drives a brand new Range Rover, sophmore girl got a new 330i, one of my friends just got a new 328i sedan, another person has a M3, several other W203 and W202s, clks, MLs, etc. My neighbor last week just got a 2007 C230 SS for his 18th birthday. Its always awkward when adults or others ask you what kind of car you drive- I tend to just say C240 and hope they don't press any further about the make.

rodngun762

Dude- 17 and you have a C55-- awesome
You are very lucky- sweet car.

lemme guess? SM or Tesorro?

I went to SM ...class of 02
Old 12-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
of course it sounds like that guy saying his honda civic can beat a lambo, his STOCK honda civic can beat a lambo, but here check out this link. THEN tell me whatca think. http://www.powerchipgroup.com/datasheets/1/Mer0020.pdf
i'm doing a dyno this sat. I've been able to do consistant 0-60 in 6 seconds and its been up to 160. as for my "rigged" intake its a gruppe m carbon fiber intake. Retail 850 bucks.
Consistent 6 seconds, with what, a handheld stopwatch?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:23 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Im 26...which is sort of young for a new body SL....haters are everywhere in LA...but usually they dont do much.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:52 AM

merc
Originally Posted by krk230
lemme guess? SM or Tesorro?

I went to SM ...class of 02
I'm sure most Orange County schools have the same situation... is it sad/funny(?) they are all like that
I go to newport harbor high.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:59 PM

^ ah, newport...lol, of course.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:40 PM
ON PROBATION

My Parents-06s500-just sold,06CLS55-K4,2006 R350
I dont have my Mercedes yet but i will in a couple of weeks. But when i drive any of our benz cars(especially the CLS ) people do look at me kinda funny when i get out of the car and some people will not let me merge into their lane. The real enthusiasts out there have respect though.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 PM

not stock.

buddy, i know what a Gruppe M is, and I know they are pricey, but the sad side of the story in your case is that it it wasnt designd for your car & it wont add any "significant" amount of power to reduce 1/4 miles times..yes it my look nice, and yes it may sound way cool, but it wont add CONSISTEN power...... as soon as your exhaust manifolds warm up, that thing will start sucking bowling air and it will actually make your car run way richer, making you loose power...... but of course, im sure you probably knew that already & had which is... Kleemann, Renntech & now powerchip?? make you a custom software specifically designed for your intake??? lol.........
im not say powerchip wont work, yes it will make your car run "better", or at least it SHOULD, but you may actually be a little dissapointed that its not going to give you 30 extra ponies, they can promise you the world for all i care, its been proven....... and guess what, I MYSELF HAVE POWERCHIP... it was the 1st thing I ever did to my car when i got it...
Old 12-16-2006, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
buddy, i know what a Gruppe M is, and I know they are pricey, but the sad side of the story in your case is that it it wasnt designd for your car & it wont add any "significant" amount of power to reduce 1/4 miles times..yes it my look nice, and yes it may sound way cool, but it wont add CONSISTEN power...... as soon as your exhaust manifolds warm up, that thing will start sucking bowling air and it will actually make your car run way richer, making you loose power...... but of course, im sure you probably knew that already & had which is... Kleemann, Renntech & now powerchip?? make you a custom software specifically designed for your intake??? lol.........
im not say powerchip wont work, yes it will make your car run "better", or at least it SHOULD, but you may actually be a little dissapointed that its not going to give you 30 extra ponies, they can promise you the world for all i care, its been proven....... and guess what, I MYSELF HAVE POWERCHIP... it was the 1st thing I ever did to my car when i got it...
ironicly my powerchip doesnt work i got it back on wensday dident start sent it back got it backtoday and guess what still dident work. Opened it up took out the powerchip replaced it with the factory chip and every light came on. As for the intake i have a tube bring fresh cold air in to it. As for the part where i said it was a 20 k car i dident mean it in a bad way i ment it as if you could afford a 20 k car at that age i have respect for you. I had the renntech chip but mercedes flashed my ecu back to stock, B@$t@rd$.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:36 AM

C32 AMG
19 yrs , young and (dangerous?) , tooling around in 2002 C32...

people say that 19 year old + 354bhp car = potential road death toll statistic...it's a very shallow opinion, for me it worked out diffrently...

moving on from a honda, for me that moving into a mercedes benz have made me into more responsible, thoughtful, and mature individual

remember the good old days with the hondas, just doing very very silly things driving it like i stole it!

drive the c32 like you stole it? i don't think so, this car worth approx 3 times the honda, i would be stupid to do silly things in a C32, although when i do sometimes, i felt a lot composed and safer than doing it in the honda

i think that i have more chance of becoming a death toll in the 200hp honda than the 354hp C32 somehow

no show offs intended here...just the facts...

Last edited by AMGV6K; 12-16-2006 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:05 AM

2002 C230 Kompressor
well i'm 17 atm and i drive a 02 C230...i hate it when people ask me what i drive because i always get negative replies suck as "really?" and "wow"...i also get evil looks because i drive such a nice car and they drive a ****ty honda civic lol...and no i didnt pay for the car but i didnt ask for it either...i would drive anything with wheels lol but i dont mind driving a mb :P and i haven't been pulled over yet-i will though trust me...speed limit here is 55...you'll see me going at least 80 so yeah, in the next 3 months i'll get my first speeding ticket...if i'm that lucky...since here in GA if you drive 24mph over the speed limit they can and usually do take your license
Old 12-17-2006, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by axislave
well i'm 17 atm and i drive a 02 C230...i hate it when people ask me what i drive because i always get negative replies suck as "really?" and "wow"...i also get evil looks because i drive such a nice car and they drive a ****ty honda civic lol...and no i didnt pay for the car but i didnt ask for it either...i would drive anything with wheels lol but i dont mind driving a mb :P and i haven't been pulled over yet-i will though trust me...speed limit here is 55...you'll see me going at least 80 so yeah, in the next 3 months i'll get my first speeding ticket...if i'm that lucky...since here in GA if you drive 24mph over the speed limit they can and usually do take your license
I never get pulled over here, I even got to go straight through a police checkpoint the other day, but I think they were just picking out the ricers and checking them over anyway.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:01 PM

13 X3 28i M-Sport
Heh, I can relate to a lot of this... I think a big piece of it is where you live. I live in Missouri and it isn't common that a kid my age is driving what is perceived to be a very expensive car.

Just last night while working at the bar: hot waitress w/ new fake ***** she got for christmas says "I saw you on campus today... I was thinking, No college student drives a sweet *** car like that... but yea then it was you"

Regarding looks from other people: I don't usually notice... I've had passengers w/ me tell me about the mean looks from older people and men and the smiles from women

I'm usually very reluctant to answer the question "What do you drive?" because here, a mercedes is a mercedes is a mercedes. It doesn't really matter what you paid for it and that the SUV they're driving cost more... Mercedes-Benz carries a lot of name value and because of that, I a lot of people make false assumptions about me.

Some random comments I've gotten in like the last week:

"Hey, is your dad a lawyer or something?"
"Woah be careful there, don't want to curb daddy's car."
"WTF, who are you? and what are you into?"

... and then there's the compliments.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Probs being a young MB driver?