Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

choosing for my first car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by FireFox31
Then buy an SLR and enjoy.
spoiled does not even begin to describe my response to...

I'm walking out of my last class (a few minutes ago) and I'm talking to my friend. I look up and slowly cruising by is this girl, can't even be my age (22 tomorrow) in one of these...
Old 08-29-2006, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
spoiled does not even begin to describe my response to...

I'm walking out of my last class (a few minutes ago) and I'm talking to my friend. I look up and slowly cruising by is this girl, can't even be my age (22 tomorrow) in one of these...

After seeing crash pictures of a flipped lambo I doubt I would ever ride in one again let alone think about buying one. Just incase you are wondering what happened in the accident pictures, the lambo flipped over and caught on fire, since the doors open up the occupants where trapped in the car and burned to death.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:33 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'85 190E 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
At 16, aren't they still driving "by feel?"
Old 08-29-2006, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
I dunno man, these kids need to get a job and work. They need to know what work is, and that you need to work the get what you want. Just pisses me off- these spoiled kids. I would have more respect for a kid who bought his own MB, even if it was old a ratty, than that of a kid with a new CL or something along those lines.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ryanr317
Just pisses me off- these spoiled kids.
This statement suggests strongly to me that you are jealous of thse kids. Perhaps you would be enlightened by asking yourself what you would do if your parents had offered to give you a few years old CL55.

Of course, your argument isn't invalidated by selfish motivations. It will serve them well if they learn to respect the means by which they live. I would have no problem buying my child a very expensive car like a new CL55 IF she had shown me that she respects money well enough to handle the responsibility or owning such an expensive toy. (That, and the backseats in the current CL's have a huge thing in the middle that wouldnt be particularly accomidating for "napping" on)
Old 08-30-2006, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
All I have to say is quit your dreaming and yapping and buy a dam car and post pictures. I cant tell you how many kids I have heard ow my dad is going to buy me what ever I want and I want an _____ and in the in the end the kid looks stupid because dad was smart and got them a good car for a first time driver.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This statement suggests strongly to me that you are jealous of thse kids. Perhaps you would be enlightened by asking yourself what you would do if your parents had offered to give you a few years old CL55.

Of course, your argument isn't invalidated by selfish motivations. It will serve them well if they learn to respect the means by which they live. I would have no problem buying my child a very expensive car like a new CL55 IF she had shown me that she respects money well enough to handle the responsibility or owning such an expensive toy. (That, and the backseats in the current CL's have a huge thing in the middle that wouldnt be particularly accomidating for "napping" on)
I am jealous of those kids. Yea, it would serve them well if they respected the means by which they live, but i notice that most, although not all of them do not. If my parents got me a CL55 i'd be really happy, but i consider myself one of those that are respectful and responsible. I don't mean do gripe, it just really bugs me.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What i'm really talking about are kids like this:
An acquaintance from high school failed to graduate with his class because of failing too many classes. His parents got him a brand new red G35 coupe. He barely graduated this year with my class, probably with a 2.3 if not worse. He's not the only person i've seen this happend to. Now for the kids that get the CL55's and what not who are respectable and strive to do well are another story.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ryanr317
An acquaintance from high school failed to graduate with his class because of failing too many classes. His parents got him a brand new red G35 coupe. He barely graduated this year with my class, probably with a 2.3 if not worse.
Hmm, where I grew up that is (minus the G35) quite normal and perfectly acceptable. Heck, a 2.3 isn't a bad GPA! (Although, apparently a D isn't "passing" in some parts of the world)
Old 08-31-2006, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Hmm, where I grew up that is (minus the G35) quite normal and perfectly acceptable. Heck, a 2.3 isn't a bad GPA! (Although, apparently a D isn't "passing" in some parts of the world)
Maybe in college but even then thats a really low GPA, but HS come on... Granted I was not a 4.0 student in high school but I maintained a 3.5 easily until I got accepted into college then my gpa dropped my senior year to a 3.1 first semester than I brought it back up to a 3.2 lol, but I will say I partied hard my senior year and had a good time.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Maybe in college but even then thats a really low GPA, but HS come on... Granted I was not a 4.0 student in high school but I maintained a 3.5 easily until I got accepted into college then my gpa dropped my senior year to a 3.1 first semester than I brought it back up to a 3.2 lol, but I will say I partied hard my senior year and had a good time.
well, considering almost noone there even goes to college... what does it matter if you make straight D's or straight A's? Either way you get your diploma and you're done with school.