Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Benz Theme Park?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
Mercedes Benz Theme Park?

I am not really sure what to say about this venture, so I'll just wish them good luck and give you a piece of the article from Just-Auto.com to read.
Interesting to see the new Benz 'theme park' that has gone up in Surrey, next to the Brooklands museum. It opens to the public in October and is all about taking the Mercedes-Benz brand to a bigger audience, as well as creating an 'attraction' for customers and potential customers. I was talking to my colleague Graeme Roberts about this subject earlier and we both recalled the entertainment centres pioneered by the Japanese in Tokyo in the early-1990s.

How successful will this Brooklands venture - Mercedes-Benz World - be? Well, it was probably a smart move to site it next to the Brooklands museum and redevelop a part of the Brooklands site, for starters. The association is a good one and has some historical foundation (see this short film).

Will arch-rival BMW want something similar in Britain? BMW dealers will no doubt be noting the support that Mercedes is offering its UK dealer network with this venture.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:32 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a good place for this thread....

This topic was raised in another thread just this or last week....

I think it's a good idea (and wish I had beat them to buying the Brooklands or their portion of it ).

Driving/track experience of individual models, and training; museum; interactive exhibits; restaurant and club(?); special events; conference, meeting, and event facilities; amusement park(?); and the special marketing ability -- sounds like a winner to me.

Just happens to be down the road from one of my new residences ( ). "Shall we lunch today at the MBZ World Club?" LOL

Here's the link:

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...e/PR_Test.html

Last edited by ClayJ; 08-11-2006 at 04:34 PM.