Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

aftermarket warranty,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aftermarket warranty,

any particular company yall recommend? would like to make sure i don't have any issues if i make a claim
Old 08-31-2006, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 s550 4matic
I have one through warrantydirect.com. I purchased the bumper to bumper one for about 3k. So far only had to use it once for a $400 repair and they covered it all. the dealer contacted them directly and worked out the details so it prety much felt like the original warranty.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:33 AM

so after looking for a while now.... i can't find anyone that will warrenty a AMG car, then i ask about M cars. those are not happening either, just thought i'd share my findings w/ u guys
Old 10-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MBHustla858
so after looking for a while now.... i can't find anyone that will warrenty a AMG car, then i ask about M cars. those are not happening either, just thought i'd share my findings w/ u guys
Interesting. Keep us up to date on your search if you don't mind. I'll be purchasing a used AMG soon and planned on going the third-party extended-warranty route. I called warrantydirect.com and asked about AMG vehicles - they stated that it's not a profitable move for them.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:08 AM

2014 E350
Originally Posted by MBHustla858
I was able to get a Mercury Platinum (exclusionary, the type that covers everything except specific named components) for my 2002 CLK55 AMG when I bought it.

I got it at dealer cost for about $4200, for a 4yr/50000 (additional) miles with zero ($0) deductible.

I have tried to use it twice. The first time I was denied for a claim because it involved a "cable", and all cables are one of those specific components named for exclusion.

The second time was a couple of weeks ago; the company fully covered the cost of replacing both front control arms (clicking), resealing the oil pan (small leak), and resealing the rear diff (small leak). Total invoice was over $2300.

I must admit that it was great to be able to get those two leaks solved without having to pay for them; these were small leaks that were basically just starting, but they were expensive to fix since these cars use silicone instead of gaskets, which requires significantly more time to repair properly. Most owners would most likely ignore these - heck, most mechanics probably would, too - until they became a bigger problem down the road, but it was nice to be able to get them sorted out before that happened.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Question Mercury Platinum

Originally Posted by lightnng
I was able to get a Mercury Platinum (exclusionary, the type that covers everything except specific named components) for my 2002 CLK55 AMG when I bought it.
What is the name of the company issuing that warranty please?

Thanks in advance,
<M>
Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 PM

2014 E350
Originally Posted by Musikmann
What is the name of the company issuing that warranty please?

Thanks in advance,
<M>
Mercury insurance group. The AMG cars are all bundled under the highest "rate class" (I think it's 15), but at least they cover them.

As to where to buy one from - I got it when I bought the car, through the dealer. I'm not sure where you would get it otherwise, I'm pretty sure you have to buy from a local agent or maybe through an internet broker, otherwise I'd refer you to a guy who sells them in the SF bay area.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Thank you for the info lightnng. I'm a strong believer in warranties on expensive cars, and have the MB CPO (I paid to extend it for an additional 12 months) on my 2001 E320. My entry-level Benz turned out to be a piece of crap that I:

1) Paid too much for in the 1st place and
2) Put too much money in to make it right

I lived and learned the hard way, and I'd LOVE to have an AMG someday!