Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

STARMARK!!! True or False?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STARMARK!!! True or False?

Found this on eBay and I have no idea if its true or not but anyway, you be the judge. Although it did not mention anything about SL, what struck me is on how the CPO's were inspected.

The Link:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Benz-SCAM-wi...AT:-1:SEARCH:2
Old 09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Surely some dealers may want to cut corners more so than others. Anything is possible.

I tried to buy a CPO E320 for my wife and the dealer refused because it did not pass the CPO inspection (probelms in the suspension).

The author seems to be basing all his experience on one dealer, which if crooked, explains a lot.

The assertion that dealers tag a slow seller (new?) with CPO in order to get it off the lot is silly. If it didn't sell at X, it's counter-intuitive to think $x++ will make a sale.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
i would imagine it depends on the dealer. some dealers may choose to cut corners when it comes to work.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
A seasoned salesman I know at a certain dealer said that dealership does not like to spend the $1500 it costs them to CPO a used M-B. I fail to see why it costs that much - even with labor at $92 an hour (consumer cost). Maybe they replace a lot of questionable parts? If you put new tires on, change all the brake pads, new windshield wiper blade, perform a full "B" service, maybe it would cost that, but these several things are NOT mentioned in the Daimler description of a CPO inspection.