Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Aftermarket/3rd Party Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 S500 4Matic Sport and '04 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Aftermarket/3rd Party Extended Warranty

Hi, everyone:

I'm very curious about folks' experiences with the various 3rd party warranty options out there. I've literally heard of dozens of these companies and it's frankly hard to tell which are legit, which will be in business 2 years from now, and which ones actually pay the claims cleanly.

If you wouldn't mind, if you have or have had a 3rd party extended warranty on a Benz, could you please share your experiences?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
I've never had one and never will because I'm very happy w/ my car and because I've read some fairly negative things about them in many other threads here. You might do a search too. And Welcome a-board!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:10 PM

CLS55
you can find a lot of info in the search engine.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:11 PM

CLS55
also, search for the diamer chrysler one, because i believe its a little cheaper and may even be slightly more comprehensive by covering gaskets which the mercedes warranty does not.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Lightbulb MB extended warranties

Try asking your dealer's service department what they think of them, and which ones are the most comprehensive, etc.

If you like to buy used, you should consider buying a CPO from a franchised dealership. I recently did this, and got 2.9% financing through MB Financial. I also chose to add 12 months ($1845) to the 12 month/100,000 you get with a CPO car. Plus, the financial guy said that the MB extended warranty covers some things that the original purchaser does not gets with a brand new car. The only specifics he mentioned are a couple of hundred dollars a day living expenses if you break down away from home. Another advantage to these is that they are transferable to another owner, but NOT to a dealership - it terminates immediately if you trade it in.

Lastly, after I made my purchase I asked one of the service writers about the MB extended warranty. He said he could not think of one repair that it has not covered. I am obviously sold on this way of buying a used Mercedes-Benz.

Last edited by Musikmann; 10-18-2006 at 01:22 PM. Reason: adding to message