Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

HELP ON G 500 Benzo i'm getting...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS 550
HELP ON G 500 Benzo i'm getting...

Ok so here is the deal...I have an offer to take over the finance payments of my friend's G500. It is a 2002 G 500. First question, from the 2002 to the 2006, there is no difference in the G class by the looks? The body has no difference at all correct....and are there any differences in the inside?

Ok now to my question, this car has not been giving him any problems at all and he is my best friend. It is a 2002 with 112,000 miles and it seems to be in good condition. How long will the G class go until it gives me engine problems or whatever? What I mean by this, will it go 200,000 miles? IS there any problems I should know of? IF something goes on with the engine, how much would it be to put a new one?

This is a good opportunity because I love this car. I know it is a 2002, but it is nearly identical to a 2006 and no one would know. On top of that, I can put some nice 22 or 23' rims later on and pimp it out even more and it has exhaust system and everything. I'm also 22 years old and I want a pimp car that really stands out...i'm young once and I want to have fun...and the car won't even go on my credit...other than that, there are only small problems that are inside of the car which I can fix. I would appreciate all responses...I really am thinking of getting this car within the next two weeks. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 CLS 550
no one can help me? Anyone also have any ideas on where to get 22' inch rims for it?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
The G class has looked unchanged on the outside for quite some time.. I think 02's had minor interior updates. But be aware this is getting high milage and it will be expensive to maintain like all mercedes are. My rough estimate is you are going to be spending about $1,500 a year to keep it going.

Putting big rims on the car will wear out the suspension faster.. And its probably old now at 100K+ miles..

If you dont mind me asking how much are you going to be paying per month? You might be better off buying a new 3 series and you get a 4 year 50k mile warranty with free maintenance.

Just a word of a advice form a fellow young member.. No one likes to see someone young like you and I drive expensive cars and stuff will happen to you.. The car is going to be a big target since everyone thinks they are supper expensive. Just be safe.

Last edited by AndrewAZ; 01-20-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
I believe there were some electrical changes with it.

You might get more luck here, where there's a more active, knowledgeable groupf of G-Wagen owners.

http://pointedthree.com/disc/forums/...splay.php?f=57
Old 01-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 CLS 550
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
The G class has looked unchanged on the outside for quite some time.. I think 02's had minor interior updates. But be aware this is getting high milage and it will be expensive to maintain like all mercedes are. My rough estimate is you are going to be spending about $1,500 a year to keep it going.

Putting big rims on the car will wear out the suspension faster.. And its probably old now at 100K+ miles..

If you dont mind me asking how much are you going to be paying per month? You might be better off buying a new 3 series and you get a 4 year 50k mile warranty with free maintenance.

Just a word of a advice form a fellow young member.. No one likes to see someone young like you and I drive expensive cars and stuff will happen to you.. The car is going to be a big target since everyone thinks they are supper expensive. Just be safe.
No one likes to seem someone young drive expensive cars? Well F them...i'm fine, nothing will happen to me...I will be safe thank you I still want to add 22's and add plasma tvs to it...where do I find good 22's?