Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

X5 partial lemon/dealership disaster(long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007 | 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E500 sport
X5 partial lemon/dealership disaster(long)

So we are all excited to pick up our 2007 X5 3.0 with premium package, technology package, cold weather package, navigation on Monday. They had this car in stock b/c the person who ordered it had bad credit and he lost the vehicle. So the salesperson who tells how easy the new I-drive system is, cant figure out how to use it. He can’t figure out how to connect the Bluetooth with our cell in to the vehicle. Then he is unable to activate the Sirius satellite radio. We find out since the X5 was sold to another person, it was registered to this other person. Then as I am sitting in the back seat, I try to turn on the rear climate control…it doesn’t work. The sales manager comes out and says..NO problem, we will fix it now. Go to the service ctr 10 blocks away. So we go, the service foreman doesn’t know how to use the system properly. So he gets a service guy who was trained on the X5 to check it out. He HAS NO EARTHLY IDEA.. NOW I AM GETTING UPSET. So they pull the X5 in the service bay, reset the battery and still the rear climate control doesn’t work. The service manager comes… “Sir we need to get a new module. “ I said no, we don’t want the vehicle. We went back to the showroom and the sales manager begged us to give him one chance NOW to fix it. They take the entire rear console out of another new 2007 X5 and put it in. FYI it has been 4 hrs since we got to the dealership. They rush and bring the vehicle back to us and said it’s fixed and sure enough ITS STILL NOT WORKING!!!! They gave us our money back. I have never been so dissatisfied with a dealership in whole. They still have a small deposit from us b/c we still want another X5 b/ci dont like the ML If they don’t make us a great deal on the next vehicle, I will disclose the actual dealership and salespeople’s names. .
Old 02-20-2007 | 09:23 AM

W211 / E280
Let it go Bobby. The quality of the beemers here in Indonesia is so bad they are selling these things with free service (meaning all you got to do it is put gas in it and tires on it for 5 years) for 5 years or 100,000 kilometer which ever comes first. People still do not want to buy them.
Old 02-25-2007 | 10:57 PM

'03 E500 sport
got a new x5

got a totally new x5 than the one we ordered

Attached Thumbnails X5 partial lemon/dealership disaster(long)-x5-side-profile.jpg