Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Points of Contacts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Points of Contacts

So here's my story: A couple weeks ago I bought a new Benz. After driving it and putting 1500 miles on it, I noticed an oil leak. Turns out the cylinder head was damaged from the factory and needed to be replaced. I took it to the dealership and they held on to my new car for two weeks. I finally got it back last Thursday. For the last few weeks since this problem started, I've been calling MBUSA Customer service and requesting that their (SPOM) Service Parts Operations Manager for the Los Angeles area contact me. They keep telling me that I'm unable to get a hold of them and that a request has been put in but it's not guaranteed he/she will call. They said in the meantime I should speak with the Service Manager. I called the service manager and requested he get a hold of the SPOM for me. He said he'll relay the message but not guaranteed that SPOM will call me back. The service manager offered me two car payments because of the problem. I graciously declined(due to lemon law legal reasons as per my attorney) and asked him to just have the SPOM call me. As of now I have not received a response. Everytime I ask for the SPOM it's as if it's taboo and everyone becomes edgy and defensive(service people and customer care).

My questions is, does anyone know of any points of contacts at MBUSA or local Los Angeles reps that I can get a hold of or send a letter to?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Just curious.....why do you want to talk to the SPOM? Didn't they fix your car?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Almost a Member!

First off, I feel as if I'm paying for a refurbished car. I can see where the work was done and where they applied additional materials to seal all covers. For something this extreme to occur within 2 weeks of purchase was a big disappointment for me. In addition, the lack of help and support from MBUSA customer care and the fact that my car was in the shop for 2 weeks plus it was returned to me with 50 miles more on the odometer is a big factor. The service order said it was returned with 1628 miles(10 miles more then original) but my odometer read 1668. There were other issues involved that the dealer seemed to be covering up or not even stating. There was something shady going on. I feel the best way to get my message across and discuss my frustration with this issue is through higher management.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
The treatment you received is normal throughout the auto industry.

You haven't a case.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by xsta_c
My questions is, does anyone know of any points of contacts at MBUSA or local Los Angeles reps that I can get a hold of or send a letter to?
That's my original question. I wasn't asking for opinions on whether or not I have a case. I am perfectly aware of what occurs in the automotive industry.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Maybe you can get in touch with the regional rep (or whatever their title is). I think it's possible that you haven't followed the proper chain of command.

I was at my dealership for service and there was a guy who wanted Daimler-Chrysler to buy his car back. I heard the service writer call the regional rep for that, so it stands to reason that he/she might be able to help you.

Good Luck!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by lkchris
The treatment you received is normal throughout the auto industry.

You haven't a case.
That may be normal for MB, but it's not normal for the entire industry. Obviously you've never owned a Lexus.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Fast55
That may be normal for MB, but it's not normal for the entire industry. Obviously you've never owned a Lexus.
and Infiniti as per my previous experiences.

It's just funny how people are quick to voice their opinions even when it's uncalled for.

Musikmann: thanks, I'm going to actually try and see if there is someone else like an MBUSA Rep. You may be right, I am actually skipping the entire chain of command because I don't want to work with my dealership managers.