Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

im a tech at a dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheaper than a benz...
Red face

i should have been more clear...you have questions or want to see what is wrong with your car..ill show you....and i dont charge for that...
as far as grey market..non us models coming into the us...techs are just as screwed as the customer who has the car in some cases...parts not being availible, information hard to get...is frustrating

mb is dropping the ball on security issues as what and can be released to the rest of the non MB dealer world...and yes there is some things that shouldnt be let out in order to keep the customer safe...

and if i made anyone mad....forgive me....i usually have a bad habit replying late at night...and not always up to par by reading everything

but as far as this navigation problem you have...trying to diagnose things that are not in front of me..we can only speculate....

some dealers will go above and beyond on problems like these...usually if you get blown off on things like this...stand your ground....talk to a service manager..and not the writer....if the serv manager isnt much help......call the owner of the dealership...hopefully the dealer is owned by a(n)
individual(s)..and not a big corporation such as sonic auto group...mb dealers that are owned by individuals tend to be more customer oriented.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E320 & 04 Lexus GX470
fixbenz, If I made you or others mad or upset from my posts I also ask for you forgiveness, it certainly wasn’t my intent. Apparently I also have the same issue posting or replying at the most inappropriate times and/or without realizing what I’m asking of without considering the level of the request. I also sympathize with you and other technicians having to obtain information on items added by individual clients and thank all of you for going beyond the call of duty to assist in any way. I also don’t expect you or anyone to do it for free so please don’t misunderstand me; you should get compensated for your time and troubles. I also respect and understand your position it in retaining required or proprietary information. I would expect the same from anyone working for the organization I do considering its what distinguishes the competitive difference between companies.

Also thank you for yoour advice as I greatly appreciate it. I have been able to get the right parts needed and working in my vehicle, with the exception of region code that really doesn’t matter, and I was able to determine that from the posts on this site, so I thank everyone for their direct and/or indirect input as to what was needed.