Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Code 8 Warranty question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code 8 Warranty question

Hello, I own a 2006 CLS 55 which was in a small accident about two years ago. Simply, my car was parked and someone backed into it at very low speed causing damage to the hood, headlight, and front left quarter. It was repaired at the local authorized MB service facility (about $7k in repairs). No frame damage.

About a year later, I brought in my car for regular service and I was told my car was a "code 8" which requires every repair to be approved by a regional Mercedes person. It has added about 2 days to every service visit. In all cases the repairs have been made under warranty, however, I am concerned about what this will do to the resale value.

I've never gotten any explanation from my local dealer or MBUSA on why my car is in this status and any calls to MBUSA just get referred to my dealer or the general hostile response I've found from the corporate office. My dealer tells me that they've seldom seen this code and I'm sure that there are countless cars that have had more work done than mine.

Any suggestions or possible explanations would be welcome.

thanks