Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Question about CLS and CL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007 | 04:35 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 CLS 550
Question about CLS and CL

Sorry if this is not the smartest question but what is the difference between the CL 550 and the CLS 550 other than the big price tag? Are the body the same or is it different? can someone please explain this to me...I am looking in maybe going with a CLS and wanted to get some help...thx!
Old 06-16-2007 | 11:38 AM

2014 GL 450
You can go to MB's website & compare the 2 vehicles to see the differences.

The suspension on the CL appears to be the big difference. It has Active Body Control which is an active suspension system, using coil springs. It continually adjusts each wheel's suspension to compensate for road differences. There appear to be a few more "goodies" on the CL as well, such as the Navigation system standard and 14-way adjustable seats, standard heated seats, power rear sunshade, etc.
Old 06-16-2007 | 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by XXSASSXX31
Sorry if this is not the smartest question but what is the difference between the CL 550 and the CLS 550 other than the big price tag? Are the body the same or is it different? can someone please explain this to me...I am looking in maybe going with a CLS and wanted to get some help...thx!
They are totally different.

CLS is built on W211 E-class chassis.

CL is built on W221 S-class chassis. It is far more advanced in every area.