Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Opinions on your dealerships...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
For everyone getting priveleged treatment, someone is getting stepped on.

..............true, but has nothing to do with the issue. the issue is good service. If you stay at a 5 tar hotel you get pretty good service. The other guest in the room next to yours also gets good service. Because the facility is committed to good service, if you order a steak from room service, the fact that you receive your meal on time does not mean that the guest in the room next to yours wll have to go hungry. If MB dealership[s cannot operate in this way, then that calls into question their comittment to good service.

Ted
You missed my point(s) completely.

EXAMPLE:

If there is a line for the MB loaners, and the "best" customer is put ahead of people waiting in line, that is "priveleged treatment", unfair and un-American!
Old 10-23-2002, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
my point is that the problem with Mb dealerships has nothing to do with a few people getting special treatment.

Ted
Old 10-23-2002, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350, S320, Mini Cooper S
Foreign Motors West in Natick, MA is good! People there are really nice to you even though you have no intension of getting a car (I am 22 and I look 19, other MB dealership don't take me seriously!!! ).
Old 10-24-2002, 11:26 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Originally posted by nickv
MB Houston Greenway (formerly Park Place) absolutely positively SUCKS!! My car was there for over a week on the first visit and the service writer didn't bother to check anything!! When I called the svc. mgr because my 'oil level was over max' he was very apologetic and told me to come back in. I did and he still stuck me with the same ****ty svc. writer; I went over my complaints again and still didn't receive a call for over a week. I called the svc. mgr. and asked what the hell was going on...he checked, the car had apparently been 'ready' for 3 days!!! Hopped in my trashed out CAMRY loaner and went to pick it up, not only was it not done, but it was filthy, white silicon on my charcoal seats, center console, and door panels. I told him how disgusted I was; he apologized and called the svc. writer a 'fat lazy son of a *****' and apologized numerous more times. I told him I was never coming back, he told me he doesn't blame me, and gave me the name of another svc. mgr. at another dealer. Not only that, but the queer *** parts guy treated me like I'm some little punk; yes I am 24, but dammit I deserve to be treated just as well as anyone else who spent $$$$ on an MB...... my $.02 AVOID MB HOUSTON GREENWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Give Star Motor Cars a try
Old 10-25-2002, 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
my point is that the problem with Mb dealerships has nothing to do with a few people getting special treatment.

Ted
I understand perfectly:

MB giving you the "treatment".

The people standing in line -- are also getting the "treatment".
Old 10-25-2002, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Speaking of Treatment.. When has AutoHaus "pompous house" Pompano started giving out C class loaners? I spied a gal driving a C230 sedan with Autohaus stickers, as well as a "loaner" type sticker.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Park Place Motorcars, Dallas Texas and Bedford Texas, is one of the best dealerships I have ever been to. They have a bunch of accessories and really friendly/helpfull people, in the parts department. They can get just about anything you want if they do not have it in stock as far as performance stuff goes. NO I don't work there, I just like the place.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm going to try that Star Motors.

We are no way going to Park Place because they only give out camry's.. lol

Greenway gives out C's but then agian.. their service SUCKS ****!

sorry to go foul on yall but i had to renforce that.. lol
Old 10-25-2002, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
"Us Folks" at MBWorld should open our own dealership!!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

can we put it in Sugarland? please oh please? lol

or we can create a chain like Park Place did! lol

OH YEAH!! THAT WOULD ROCK!!

Can i be head of the sugarland/houston dealer? lol

that would problably make me the youngest ever!
Old 10-31-2002, 11:22 PM

1992 Ford Taurus with 13" rims
Sad to hear so many of you have bad experiences with MB dealerships. And it's odd that they wouldn't kiss your butt when you complained; since your negative feedback costs them money and car allocations.

See, with Mercedes there's tons of money in incentives for dealers...they only get this money if they reach certain CSI (customer service index) ratings. This is how MB keeps their service top quality. A dealer that's treating customers like sh*t will eventually **** away enough allocations, and money to put their competitors on top.

For example, I had my E430 (before I sold it) serviced at International Autos in Milwaukee. I had it serviced there since my "check engine" light was on, and my normal dealer was backed up for a couple of weeks. On the phone, I was asked where I bought my car; when I mentioned Concours (my regular dealer)--the service manager said I wouldn't get a car to drive. I told him that was fine, "but when Mercedes calls me, don't except to get a 5 rating--Concours gives me a car; therefore your service is inferior, and less". Anything less than a 5 (i.e. 4-1) is failing, and costs them incentives. That shut him up real quick.

Concours in Milwaukee is far and away the BEST dealer when it comes to service, pricing, and availability. The other dealer usually can't get, in demand cars, because their allocations suck. But they do have Concours beat when it comes to their new facility. But here's a tip if someone from International Autos is reading....your new building means nothing; if your pricing sucks, your service sucks, and you can't get the car I want.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
wesam -
That's a good point:

MB Service Surveys are taken SERIOUSLY.

A couple of weeks before I receive my MB survey, my service advisor notifies me via a personal letter.

In essence, he informs me of the MB survey coming shortly and if he does not get a perfect score, his future looks bleak.

LESSON:
Tell MBUSA how the MB service really is - don't be influenced by your service advisor's arm twisting!!

This will be for everyone's benefit; particularly the MB customers -- us.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by karl k
wesam -

LESSON:
Tell MBUSA how the MB service really is - don't be influenced by your service advisor's arm twisting!!

This will be for everyone's benefit; particularly the MB customers -- us.

AMEN BROTHER!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Originally posted by vraa
can we put it in Sugarland? please oh please? lol
There's one at Hwy. 6 and 59. Come check it out. we just opened last Tuesday.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:14 AM

Not a Benzer anymore
MB GREENWICH CT / MB MANHATTAN NY

Re: MB Greenwich, CT
----------------------------
Purchased my [Friday afternoon built] E in April 2002. It went downhill after my 1st service after they didn't wash the car.

Generally, I felt that they didn't really care. They took my name, I made the appointment and they attempted to fix the problems. I had to wait an hour for a Saturday mechanic [he was eating lunch] to repair something that was supposed to have been fixed the night before. Out of 4 times or so, only once did I get an MB as a loaner.

So, I made an appointment with MB Manhattan - waited 3 weeks.

They also took 3 times to fix my steering, but it wasn't until the mechanic rode with me that he understood what the problem was (with the steering wheel star pointed at 80mph, the car should drive straight) - It took 14 feet of riding with the mechanic for him to understand this principle.

This mechanic also told me that any Mercedes without a computer is a good Mercedes (He drives an 80s SL or something without a computer).

MB Manhattan generally takes 2 times to fix a problem, but attitude is much better. I'm not asking for a royal treatment, but common Customer courtesy. I think my service advisor actually knows me.

Also, MB Manhattan seems sooooooo busy that you have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment.

They do wash and clean my car each time I go there.

As for service in general, as MB gets more and more models out there, and they seem to have build quality issues, it will get worse before it gets better at the bigger MB dealerships.

-----------------------------------------------
This was just mentioning the Service Department at 2 dealerships. My MB purchasing experience was totally different !!!

Last edited by EddieGTP; 07-23-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:27 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
Thumbs up

Here in CT you can't beat New Country Motors in Hartford. BIG new dealership with state if the art service area and GREAT PEOPLE! Coffee/Espresso bar in the service waiting area, big plazma screen TV, lounge chairs, phones galore etc. Courtesy van or loaners (your choice) no enterprize s---wagons! No, I don't own the dealership. Just bought my 7th car there - '03 E500. Love the car too!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by badfkr98SS
There's one at Hwy. 6 and 59. Come check it out. we just opened last Tuesday.
We did not a couple days ago. We went to talk to the service manager and chilled for about half an hour, he never showed up. I'll convince my dad to try agian but he doesn't really like it and (crap) we just might not get another Mercedes. I was relying on this dealer to prove that Mercedes can service decently. I take the service manager not being with us as a good sign! He was out working!
Old 07-23-2003, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
The dealer here is nice, it's the mechanic or service monkeys I don't like. Even the service advisors are nice. But it's not them working on the car, it's a group of grease monkey.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:07 PM

1998 E320
Re: WAY TOO HAPPY!!

Originally posted by Bob R
You are having way too much fun for getting a car repaired or serviced. I think your dealer is putting PROZAC in the coffee.
LMAO
Old 07-24-2003, 08:19 PM

1998 E320
IF some people here think dealer's are great, I have an ocean front property for sale in Arizona, only $40,000 an acre.

Pahleezzz, only time dealer is a good dealer when you go there for warranty work...THAT'S IT. They love warranty work, billed directly to the MB. I used to go there and they would change things, which I didnt even complain about. All this with Plush waiting room and a loaner and a car wash.

Now, I just go there to pick up parts. I have a mechanic who installs them.

Dealer ---> <-----Customer
Old 07-25-2003, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
our dealership is pretty good, ATlanta classic cars, they just moved to a bigger nicer one with a driving range and stuff. pretty cool stuff. h
Old 07-25-2003, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Did they raise the labor fee recently?
Old 07-25-2003, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Merc1
IF some people here think dealer's are great, I have an ocean front property for sale in Arizona, only $40,000 an acre.

Pahleezzz, only time dealer is a good dealer when you go there for warranty work...THAT'S IT. They love warranty work, billed directly to the MB. I used to go there and they would change things, which I didnt even complain about. All this with Plush waiting room and a loaner and a car wash.

Now, I just go there to pick up parts. I have a mechanic who installs them.

Dealer ---> <-----Customer
Customer >>> <<< Dealer

PS

I had a $1,200 headlight replaced - without the light being defective.

MB dealer's service dept. said that they will launch an investigation, after I pointed this out as it appeared on the bill, billed to MBUSA as warranty work...
Old 07-25-2003, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
This is what I think of Mercedes stealerships...

My MB mechanic kicks a$$ and I don't have to take out a personal loan to pay him...
Old 07-31-2003, 10:53 PM

A160 CLASSIC (The Tardis), VW Passat Diesel
don't know if mine counts or not we bought the car from a dealership in Melbourne down under not Florida hehehehe.. Ours is only buying experience not service yet and I'm sure we only spent a fraction of what you guys normally spend. The dealer is only small and based in one of the most expensive suburbs in Melbourne they have been there for 82 years so they must be doing something right. I think they were the original importer of MB's into Australia. Anyway cut a logn story short we were about to buy an A class ya from a small prviate dealer at what we thought was a good price 2002 A160 Classic with 17,000km on the clock convert that to miles. I had rung round a few Mercedes dealers and was bascially get the answer come in and we can talk and another dealer basically told me he could sell the cars for full price and they sell themselves. Very arrogant I thought.

Anyway I rang this dealer last expecting the same run around, but instead got a refreshing change of attitude and service. I metnioned what we were interested in and our budget and what the other car we were looking at was priced at and they we were ready to buy and would pay cash. He said give him a chance to find something by the nest morning... Good old me didn;t expect a call back, but received a call in the morning saying he had found a car that was not only cheaper by $1500 but exactly the same specs as the other car we were looking at and only 9600kms so barely run in. We went and looked at it the next day and signed the deal..

They delivered the car to our home as my wife couldn't get to the dealer plus the sales guy spent over and hour with my wife going over the features of the car. It was fully detailed inside and out and had a full tank of gas. He also gave my wife some lovvely flowers, a leather CD case holder and some MB cappucino glasses which was nice. He has also called me twice already to see how the car is.

Let's hope the service is good.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions on your dealerships...