Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Opinions on your dealerships...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on your dealerships...

I really love mine. Crown Mercedes in Columbus Ohio-they are the best!
Old 10-16-2002, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Dublin
I really love mine. Crown Mercedes in Columbus Ohio-they are the best!
You must be the happy owner of the MB dealership in Columbus.

All businesses are better - more solid - in the "Heartland".

Regrettably, there is none to be "loved" here in Southeast Florida.

There is however one, which I would rate a cut above the other five MB dealerships here in this region -- deserving an OK + rating:

MB Autohaus in Pompano Beach - lots of PERKS.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by karl k
Regrettably, there is none to be "loved" here in Southeast Florida.
I disagree! At my local MB dealership (Pompano Autohaus), I am treated like absolute royalty everytime I go there. I am allowed to wander about the dealership into the areas where the average consumer would not be allowed to go, they give me calls everytime they recieve a new car that was just released by MB so I can go in there and test drive it even though they are perfectly well aware that I have zero intentions of buying that model. I am on a first name basis with almost everyone at the dealership. They make me feel like a celebrity walking down the red carpet everytime I enter.

When I am in for service, I am bumped to the front of the line and never wait more than 90 minutes. Sometimes I tell them I can't wait just so I get my free E320 loaner... anyone ever hit a grossly oversized speed bump at 110mph? Fun Fun Fun!

Most people dread going in for service, I love going in for service. It is a wonderful experience each and every time I goto the dealership.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Almost a Member!

clk430conv
Talking WAY TOO HAPPY!!

You are having way too much fun for getting a car repaired or serviced. I think your dealer is putting PROZAC in the coffee.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:02 AM

1993 MERCEDES BENZ 300TE
you also have several hundreds of thousands of dollars of vehicles,,and they are also high profile vehicles,,
i think it may be your salesman ,not necessaly your dealer...
not everyone gets that kind of treatment

sad to say but true

THEY PROBABLY KNOW YOU BY YOUR FIRST NAME TOO
Old 10-17-2002, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by Accord
I disagree! ...
Read again what I said: "... Regrettably, there is none to be "loved" here in Southeast Florida.

There is however one, which I would rate a cut above the other five MB dealerships here in this region -- deserving an OK + rating:

MB Autohaus in Pompano Beach - lots of PERKS."

John,

or are you really in "love" with Autohaus??

I think that we are in generally in agreement, - or what specifically is it, that you disagree with!?
Old 10-18-2002, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
You think Autohaus is just "OK," I think it is the best dealership in the world .
Old 10-18-2002, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
You think Autohaus is just "OK," I think it is the best dealership in the world .
U r getting closer.

I said, that I would rate Autohaus as OK "PLUS"! And the BEST in S. Florida.

I know the world, have been in international trade promo for decades, worked in cities from Addis Abbeba to Zagreb. Autohaus is NOT the best in the world, -- unless your world is S. Florida.

ouch
Old 10-18-2002, 06:39 PM

05 c55, 08 600rr
bay area ca dealerships

i hate them with a passion. claridges, smythe, autobahn, european motors, i hate them all. loaners are exclusively enterprise "rent a ****onwheels", i think a saturn was the nicest car i ever got, and they only cover the first 24 hours.

i hate my dealers. i hate servicing my cars so much, i prevent family members from purchasing cars at these places. once my warranty runs out i will service my sl600 and e430 at a third party mechanic. .....
btw anyone know of a good mechanic in the bay area, fremont or san fran. thnx
Old 10-18-2002, 06:44 PM

1993 MERCEDES BENZ 300TE
WHY DONT YOU RIDE A BIKE,,,,

NO WAIT ,,,HATE ALL THE BIKE SHOPS TOO??
Old 10-18-2002, 06:56 PM

05 c55, 08 600rr
dsmit,

last time i checked this was an opion thread, just getting my 2 cents in.

"opinions are like *****, they should be shared for everyone to enjoy"
Old 10-18-2002, 06:57 PM

1993 MERCEDES BENZ 300TE
i whole heartedly agree
Old 10-18-2002, 07:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
Mercedes Benz of Buffalo is the best dealer I have ever dealt with. Their showroom is not fancy like others but the sales staff and services department are top notch. Flagship Motor in Massacheusetts has the worst service department in the world and they can't fix anything even their life depend on it. Clair Motor in Massacheusetts sales department are *****s and rude. Foreign Motor West( Massacheusetts) are just as rude. I used to live in Boston and I bought 2 Benz while living there. I bought my E55 in Buffalo.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
I live in Atlanta. The three MB dealerships in Atlanta are horrible. The largest is RBM of Atlanta. Going to RBM s like plucking out your left eye with a blumt needle. The other two are worse and I have lost track of body parts to use to describe them. INCREDIBLY, INCREDIBLY HORRIBLE SERVICE. If anyopne from Park Place Motors in Dallas(great service!) is on this thread, I invite you to come to ATL and open up shop...........you will drive these idiots out of business in one month.

Ted
Old 10-21-2002, 08:39 PM
Out Of Control!

Hehehe!! Only one for me...The House Of Imports!! I mean c'mon! not only are they great! But it's like attending Hot Import Nights! Serious hotties!! Free food and beverage oh and you can also lounge while you're waiting for them to fix your car up! Definitely the best!!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I like the sales guys and stuff.. but after that Park Place and Benz on Greenway go WAY downhill.. like.. not even funny!

Houston sucks! i want a decent dealership.. specially when u have a lot of interest in buying more than 7 benz's in less than a year... !!
Old 10-21-2002, 11:17 PM

Have any of you Atlanta people ever gone to Critz Inc in Savannah? I know the owner recieved the Congressional Award for Outstanding Dealership or something like that (the state congress not the national.)
Old 10-22-2002, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by androza
Have any of you Atlanta people ever gone to Critz Inc in Savannah? I know the owner recieved the Congressional Award for Outstanding Dealership or something like that (the state congress not the national.)
This award sounds like typical cronyism, which is always:

Total & complete BALONEY!!
Old 10-22-2002, 04:37 PM

The thing is it wasnt on the Critz website, it was in an actual government website. Check it out: http://www2.state.ga.us/Legis/1997_9...text/sr605.htm
Old 10-22-2002, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
I disagree! At my local MB dealership (Pompano Autohaus), I am treated like absolute royalty everytime I go there. I am allowed to wander about the dealership into the areas where the average consumer would not be allowed to go, they give me calls everytime they recieve a new car that was just released by MB so I can go in there and test drive it even though they are perfectly well aware that I have zero intentions of buying that model. I am on a first name basis with almost everyone at the dealership. They make me feel like a celebrity walking down the red carpet everytime I enter.

When I am in for service, I am bumped to the front of the line and never wait more than 90 minutes. Sometimes I tell them I can't wait just so I get my free E320 loaner... anyone ever hit a grossly oversized speed bump at 110mph? Fun Fun Fun!

Most people dread going in for service, I love going in for service. It is a wonderful experience each and every time I goto the dealership.
How many vehicles have you purchased through the dealership, and what is your age/occupation? This sounds a bit rash, but it does matter to most MB dealers.

I am 26, and when I puchased my SLK320 a year and a half ago, everyone acted like they didn't need my business, except the dealer I purchased through, Art Gelfand. He was totally amazing!!
BUT, he is no longer there As for the service dept, I found that for making minimum wage, the people behind the desk sure did act stuck up sometimes.

The valet/car wash people acted much more polite, and happy to see me than the rest of the people working there did.

Needless to say, my experience at MB of Palm Beach is not any better. I have a deposit on the SL55 there. When I placed my deposit a year ago for the SL55 my dealer did not take me seriously for some reason? Oh well...

At least someone is being treated like a king at a MB dealership.
Oh well...
Old 10-22-2002, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
For everyone getting priveleged treatment, someone is getting stepped on.

Royalty is not the American way of life, -- realize, that some people are more equal than others at the expense of the "others", --unfortunately.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Used to be a CLK430
MB Houston Greenway (formerly Park Place) absolutely positively SUCKS!! My car was there for over a week on the first visit and the service writer didn't bother to check anything!! When I called the svc. mgr because my 'oil level was over max' he was very apologetic and told me to come back in. I did and he still stuck me with the same ****ty svc. writer; I went over my complaints again and still didn't receive a call for over a week. I called the svc. mgr. and asked what the hell was going on...he checked, the car had apparently been 'ready' for 3 days!!! Hopped in my trashed out CAMRY loaner and went to pick it up, not only was it not done, but it was filthy, white silicon on my charcoal seats, center console, and door panels. I told him how disgusted I was; he apologized and called the svc. writer a 'fat lazy son of a *****' and apologized numerous more times. I told him I was never coming back, he told me he doesn't blame me, and gave me the name of another svc. mgr. at another dealer. Not only that, but the queer *** parts guy treated me like I'm some little punk; yes I am 24, but dammit I deserve to be treated just as well as anyone else who spent $$$$ on an MB...... my $.02 AVOID MB HOUSTON GREENWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by karl k

Royalty is not the American way of life, -- realize, that some people are more equal than others at the expense of the "others", --unfortunately.
How true this is karl. . . That's it, I'm moving to Morocco, or India!! LOL..
Old 10-23-2002, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce

..............true, but has nothing to do with the issue. the issue is good service. If you stay at a 5 tar hotel you get pretty good service. The other guest in the room next to yours also gets good service. Because the facility is committed to good service, if you order a steak from room service, the fact that you receive your meal on time does not mean that the guest in the room next to yours wll have to go hungry. If MB dealership[s cannot operate in this way, then that calls into question their comittment to good service.

Ted
Old 10-23-2002, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
If you stay at a 5 tar hotel you get pretty good service. The other guest in the room next to yours also gets good service.
Unfortunately, the service level at a particular dealership depends SOLEY on the attitude of management. Whatever the attitude management has trickles down to the salespeople.

Because the facility is committed to good service . . .
More to my point above!

calls into question their comittment to good service.
No all dealerships are comitted to anything other than their wallets, and people who help fill them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions on your dealerships...