Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

auto insurance, recmnds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
auto insurance, recmnds

Well im up for renewal, thinking of switching finding someone cheaper.
Had been abroad so when i bought my sl they really let me have it for not driving/not being insured for a time. They told me at renewal the rates would drop like 50% bcoz now I have a history of being insured. They lied.

Hoping for a tip about some company that is fair and reasonable and would appreciate a careful driver who never has accidents. Easy money.

IMO, its a monopoly. A conspiracy even. They all agree without talking to not undercut each other too much and keep the rates up and their kids and wives in the green. And to be merciless to anyone with so much as 1 moving violation in 30 years, which pretty much covers all of us.

Just the thought of dealing with them makes me sick.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Location: Grass Valley, Northern California / Gardnerville, Nevada
1991 560SEC AMG & 1995 E420 & 2013 BMW 535i DINAN & 1967 Cougar
As if all of that isn't bad enough, they share all information about your claim history with one another. What right to privacy?

Before choosing, good to do some research and try to sign up with one who will try to treat you fairly if you have a claim. Some of the places have cheap rates but will hose you if you ever have to have a claim with them.

They are assuming the risk of loss and hoping to make a profit, so the buyer must beware...

I believe esurance.com is not so good, be careful about them. I had State Farm for so many years, for my cars, the rates are not too bad, and they are reasonable about claims if you have one.

the cost of body repairs is so absurdly high now that the price of car insurance has really gone up a lot because of that alone.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Slow Mercedes
If you are in california there is a company here the is A+ rated for service & claims and from my experience over the last 10 years..they are excellent...I have been trying to find a reason to switch but everytime I find coverage for a few cents less they match it...Be careful with the online companies a lot of them are 20% higher than reality for any given driver and driving record...I won't advertise for anyone so if you want the name Pm me...
Old 08-04-2007, 09:03 PM

In 2 decades i havent hit another car or caused an accident and Im not about to begin now. They have made a small fortune off of me I reckon.

I get a laugh from these companies who forgive your first accident if you have one, but if you sign on and answer Yes to having 1 speeding ticket, well then naturally they must double the rate!

What a bunch of thieves.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 AM

pays to ask, req a reduction so my agent nearly cut it in half. Now thats good business!