Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Got My Vin# ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 320
Got My Vin# ???

ORDERED MY 2003 CLK 320 AUG 26. SALES-PERSON E-MAILED ME TODAY AND SAID THE CAR WAS PRODUCED NOV 3. SHE ALSO GAVE ME THE VIN NUMBER. SHE EXPECTS THE CAR TO ARRIVE IN THE USA IN ABOUT 2.5 WEEKS. THEN IT HAS TO ARRIVE AT THE DEALERSHIP WHICH IS IN WISCONSIN.
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM YOU GUYS WHERE DOES IT ARRIVE AT AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR THE DELIVERY ONCE YOU GOT YOUR VIN NUMBER?

BRITTON
Old 11-04-2002, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your car will arrive at the Vehicle Preparation Center in Baltimore, MD. It will be inspected, and possilbly test driven, and any defects occuring during shipment will be fixed. It will then be scheduled for trucking to your dealer.

My car was built in early October 2001, and arrived at the dealer on October 29th. In general, it takes 4 to 6 weeks from production to delivery. If the car arrives at Baltimore in 2.5 weeks and has nothing to repair and there is a truck leaving for Wisconsin, you might get lucky and beat the 4 weeks, like I did.

It is interesting that your car was built on a Sunday.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:23 PM

2003 CLK 320
ONCE YOU GOT YOUR VIN NUMBER HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO RECIEVE YOUR CAR ???
Old 11-09-2002, 08:09 AM
jhb

2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
On our W211, the time between VIN number and delivery to us was 4 weeks. I understand that it depends upon the following: the ship it makes in on to come to the US; the items needing attention at the VPC; the timing of a truck coming from the VPC to your dealer; the distance to your dealer from the VPC; and the backlog of vehicles being deliverd at your dealer. We are in So. FL. So, we are a 4-5 hour drive from the VPC in Jacksonville. Good luck!