Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

OEM Parts Direct update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OEM Parts Direct update

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/197627-oempartsdirect-troubles.html

December 2, 2007

Hello, everyone. I am writing this today to inform you that I, too, was let go from the company on November 30. I was told that the parent company of the online site was essentially hemorrhaging cash and could not maintain the workforce it was. To that end, 6 other people and I were sent packing.

I had recently opened an eBay store for them as well, and between these two things I was selling upwards of $500 or more per day for them. Not a lot, I'll grant, but for a fledgling company being run by one person it wasn't too bad. However, short-sightedness is the order of the day around there, and the revenue I was able to generate apparently paled in comparison to the salary they were paying me.

I tried my best to help you guys out as best I could. I'm not a mechanic, and I never claimed to my company that I was one. As I was the only other person on staff that assisted Jamie in the first place, the job just sort of naturally fell to me. I happily took on the responsibility, and hopefully I met the expectations that you had set for Jamie.

A lot of you (Clayton, Sean, Jimmy and others who I can't recall right off the top of my head) were very faithful, loyal customers. For that I thank you. I still say that we owe Clayton a finders fee.

At any rate, I need to point out that, as of now, they literally do not have anyone there to run the website. At least when Jamie left there was someone - me - who knew the basics of the site and how to manage it. I was the only one there who did, and now there is nobody. That being the case, I'm going to recommend that you all take your business elsewhere, because you're no longer going to get any assistance from anyone there. In addition (and this is just a suggestion) if you decide to do this, you may, if you wish, explain why. The man who made this decision was the owner of the company, a man by the name of Jim Walker. You may direct your comments to jamesrwalker (at) msn (dot) com. His son, Douglas, was my immediate supervisor and the man who took over Jamie's position as the parts department manager. His email addresses are dfw9t (at) msn (dot) com and douglas (dot) walker (at) hammersley (dot) com.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND: I'm not asking anyone to be vindictive or email-bomb these addresses. I am only providing them in case anyone wishes to stop making purchases from them and wants to explain to the powers that be exactly why.

Thank you, one and all, for all of your business. It was truly fun while it lasted.

Chris

Last edited by seagis; 12-03-2007 at 12:10 PM.