Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Ipod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz
Ipod

i just bought my c300 and i didnt get the option of the integrated ipod connection. i was wondering how everyone likes theirs. And i was thinking about going back to the dealership and getting one installed. Do you guys think i should go to an audio express place or back to the dealership to get it. Thanks for all inputs.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:03 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by Stryder04
i just bought my c300 and i didnt get the option of the integrated ipod connection. i was wondering how everyone likes theirs. And i was thinking about going back to the dealership and getting one installed. Do you guys think i should go to an audio express place or back to the dealership to get it. Thanks for all inputs.
If you search the whole site for "iPod" you will find that this topic has been debated in many of the individual forums. By searching the entire site, you will find all of the posts about iPod and won't be limited to posts in individual forums. Be prepared for some members to post STFF posts soon. (It means Search The F'ing Forums). Good luck with your search.

In general, the posts have stated that the volume with the iPod kit is low. And the control with the steering wheel buttons leaves much to be desired. It is not very intuitive. That's it in a nutshell. I don't think I would buy it as a dealer installed option (much more expensive). My car just happened to have the factory intalled kit. If you are planning on using the iPod with a passenger, it would be easier for the passenger to control the iPod from the iPod control. The kit takes the control away from the iPod. You can only control it with the steering wheel. Driving on your own, just create a playlist and start the playlist before plugging the iPod into the car, and let it just play the playlist.

Hope this helps.