Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

please drool over my "new" car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008 | 05:51 PM

1999 E300 TD
Originally Posted by sosh
...and when he retires he will expect the tax payers to support him.
Sosh, I'm 34, you are 66. There won't be any social security when I retire. If you want to know the worst of it... My taxes are paying for YOUR old butt right now, but the money I put in won't be there when I retire, so I don't want to hear about it from you. You are potentially freeloading from ME right now.

Last edited by curtis73; 04-06-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2008 | 10:29 PM

Is @ Home
Congrats on your purchase, you have a lucky wife.

But you're getting too defensive... see posting #14 and last part of #25. Does it really matter what other people think about your new purchase or financial situation over the internet? As long as you and your wife like it and you can live happily thats all that matters.

Originally Posted by curtis73
Sosh, I'm 34, you are 66. There won't be any social security when I retire. If you want to know the worst of it... My taxes are paying for YOUR old butt right now, but the money I put in won't be there when I retire, so I don't want to hear about it from you. You are potentially freeloading from ME right now.
Kind of a hypocritical get off your high horse statement isn't it?

Relax, you'll live longer.
Old 04-06-2008 | 10:42 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
Originally Posted by Tangerine
Congrats on your purchase, you have a lucky wife.

But you're getting too defensive... see posting #14 and last part of #25. Does it really matter what other people think about your new purchase or financial situation over the internet? As long as you and your wife like it and you can live happily thats all that matters.

Kind of a hypocritical get off your high horse statement isn't it?

Relax, you'll live longer.
EXACTLY!

by the way...congrats and welcome! youll love the car
Old 04-10-2008 | 06:22 PM

SL550, E550 4-Matic, X5, and others...
Congratulations on your purchase. You are making a wise decision by using your means to put your wife in a safe car. You should be (and probably are) thankful that your parents are there for you. Good luck with your E class, and welcome to the boards!