Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extended warranty

Can I buy an extended warranty from MB for my 2001 E320 with 33,000 miles - or do I have to go to a third party warranty co.?

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 55
Talking Warranty Direct From MB

In Canada, and I'm, pretty sure in the States too, you can get the extended warranty direct from MB as long as the vehicle is still in its original warranty period and it passes a pretty basic inspection. Mine is going to cost about $2,275 CDN ($1,450 US). I've read that 3rd parties also offer warranties but I believe that there have been some negative stories. Stick with MB if you want one!
Old 12-12-2002, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2008 C300 Sport
I was recently looking into a warranty for my E. In the US, you can only purchase the additional original MB warranty as long as the car is still within it's first year after purchase. After that, you have to purchase a third party service plan. All MB dealeships do offer a third party service plan and each have their own rules. I shopped around here in the N. California are and got a few companies. The cheapest I could get was $2500 to cover the car up to the year 2007 or 75K miles. (That was for a Daimler Chrysler Maximum Care service plan which is not the same as an MB warranty). Another company you may hear about is Heritage. Just be careful that the plan you purchase will be honored by your local MB shop. Don't take the word of the agent selling you the extended service plan.
I'm still deciding if it's really worth $2500 for the service plan. Right now I'm thinking it's not.