Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Sometimes they do the right thing.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 MB CLK55
Thumbs up Sometimes they do the right thing.....

I've shared my good experiences with the MB Laguna Niguel service department on this forum in the past. Now, I've got reason to give a thumbs up to their parts guys as well. What started off as a potential gripe got turned around.....

MB Laguna Niguel gives their buyers membership in their "Star" club. Free car washes, discounts at local hotels, eateries, golf courses, and (here's where the rub started) parts and accessories. Salesman said so when I bought my beast, their quarterly Star magazine says so, and their web site says so. So, when I bought brake pads this week, I asked for my Star member discount. "That only applies to personal accessories from the MB store" (shirts & stuff) is what I'm told. I grabbed a copy of their Star and showed the guy behind the parts counter where it says "parts and accessories". He balked, went to a manager, who whined, said it was a misprint, but gave me 15% off.

Well, I emailed Jeff Weber (STAR Concierge) and got a prompt response. Mr. Weber was professional, straight up, and apologized for the way I was treated. And stated that, yes, this was a misprint that would be corrected in next quarter's Star mag. I replied that was kinda lame, since multiple issues of the Star, plus their website, said the same thing.

He wrote back (again promptly, professionally, and straight up) and basically agreed with me, but stated that the error was to be corrected. It could have ended there, I'd of thought it was pretty lame to allow "a misprint" to go uncorrected so long, but wouldn't have been terribly bent. But - Mr. Weber took the extra step of securing a long term discount on parts for my CLK55. And gave it me in writing, with contact names & numbers if I should encounter any resistance.

Well done, MB Laguna Niguel.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
...and the moral of the story?

Don't buy a MB, because some customers are more equal than others? Even MB dealerships err, mislead...? What is a common mortal to do?

Glad that you are getting preferential treatment.

I am also happy when I get an E320 loaner,- a real BIG car, but sooo slow!! :o