Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Access to Mercedes Service Records.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1998 BRABUS C 5.8
Question Access to Mercedes Service Records.

I’m considering the purchase of a used Mercedes from a private party. The vehicle has been serviced at two separate Mercedes Dealers since new. The seller has limited service records, if any. CarFax only reports service from one on the two dealers and there is quite a gap in history. Is Mercedes able to provide me (with the seller’s permission, of course) the service history? I’m I correct in assuming that the dealership will only have records of the service they performed, unless it was completed under warranty, which is information I believe all dealers have access to.

Thanks!!

Tjmjr
Old 05-21-2009, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Have the seller get them for you.

There is no requirement that a dealership provide this, although I imagine if you're really good friends with someone there you can get them yourself.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I am told that the VMI (all the dealer maintenance records) are private. I could never get them for my 2005's first 25k miles. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that they are treated as medical records for humans. If you don't want the previous owner's info there, just black it out for christ's sake. Anyway.. I'm pretty peeved about it.