Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MERCEDES WARRENTY READY TO EXSPIRE? PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 clk500

I bought my 2005 clk500 Black on black with premium package in early January, from a local car dealer (not Mercedes) in San Diego. The reason I bought this clk500 is it still had six months left on the factory warranty.
The vehicle was in good condition but under warranty (and little complaining) here is what I had the dealer fix/replace for free-
The vehicle had several rattling noises in the cab back by the subwoofer and in the sunroof and Mercedes fixed them all.
Replaced one of the wooden dash plate, (reason) was cracked.
Replaced wood steering wheel, (reason) had a small crack.
Replaced interior gear shift knob and leather boot, (reason) black color on knob was wearing off.
Replace both interior seat backs; one side of elastic, (reason) magazine holder had come off.
Replace felt seal around sun roof; (reason) felt was wearing off.
Cleaned entire A/C system and installed new cabin filter, (reason) had a slight musty smell.
Replaced Transmission gear box with transmission flush and new filter, (reason) had a rough shift sometimes 1st to 2nd from a cold start.
Replaced all spark plug wires, (reason) had a rough idle.
Replaced all spark plugs, (reason) had a rough idle.
Replaced all fuel injectors, (reason) had a rough idle.
Replaced engine hood insulation, (reason) Insulation was coming apart.
Replaced Xenon headlights bulbs, (reason) would flicker at night.
*I wanted to post this information so members could get all they can from the warranty. Also so members understand that Mercedes Warranty and Mercedes service are two different entities and if you find a good service department they will treat you right.
I am getting excellent gas mileage 20 city 27 highway and my Clk500 looks and drives like new.
All the best
Paul