Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

is MB roadside assistance good forever?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 320
is MB roadside assistance good forever?! (edit: I WAS impressed)

I have a '99 CLK. The original warranty is expired and I bought it used. I was looking a the MBUSA owners site today, and it said that ALL mercedes benz no matter how old, are covered for roadside assistance? Could this be true?? Even for me, not the original owner?

And if it is true, what kind of services are included? What are the costs?

Last edited by mikeyclk; 02-20-2003 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Mike -

call 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES for details.

Lots of services... - many just for a tip.

"Mercedes-Benz - Vehicle Care
... Roadside Assistance.

Throughout the life of your Mercedes-Benz, a Roadside Assistance expert is just a toll-free call away."

www.mbusa.com/main/sitemap/care.jsp
Old 02-20-2003, 09:57 AM
Almost a Member!

clk 320
Wow! I WAS impressed!!...until I called the 800 #.

The hold time was 28 minutes!!!! I asked the guy if that was typical. He said it is for this time of year!! If I really had a problem, this could have been a problem for me.

Is this service reliable?

Also, I understand that a jump or tire change is free, but towing cost is my responsibility if my car is out of warranty. Is this correct? (The guy I talked to had kind of an attitude--his answers were entirely clear)
Old 02-20-2003, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Sorry about the MBUSA 28 min. hold.

My calls were always responded to promptly and courteously; perhaps the BLIZZARD along the East Coast is the culprit. MBUSA is headquartered near NY City in NJ, - the beneficiary of 3 feet of snow a couple of days ago.

The "lifetime roadside help" is a clever MBUSA promo, and in no way substitutes nor should it be confused with the "free" services offered by AAA to paid-up members, -- if you are out of the MBUSA warranty.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Almost a Member!

clk 320
Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry I meant to say his answers were NOT entirely clear.

They will send a tow truck but I must pay, right? The will jump my car or change a tire, and it is free, right? (since my warranty is expired)
Old 02-27-2003, 03:50 PM

2006 E500 4matic Wagon
1800FORMERCEDES will get you a flat fixed, a fill-up, and a tow to the nearest MB dealer FREE OF CHARGE for life.

They brought me fuel for my 1979 450SEL 6.9 when I ran it out of gas on the Garden State Parkway (and, trust me, since I was 2 years old in 1979, I am not the original owner!).

When my 1998 E320 with 56k miles blew a crank pulley two weeks ago, they would've come to my driveway and hitched me to the nearest MB dealer, but I don't use the nearest MB dealer, so I went with AAA.

I swear by the AAA Plus RV membership because for $110/year they'll send the national guard to come and fetch you and tow you within a 150 mile radius. This comes in very handy, imo!

Sometimes you just can't avoid the hold time with anyone. Last Saturday when I was in an accident in a loaner 2003 ML 350 with 1000 miles on it, I pressed the teleaid button and got a busy signal! Busy on the MB 800 number, and AAA lines were jammed too. Bad weather day in NJ really screwed me and I had to take the State Police tow for $200. BUT, AAA let me fax them the receipt and they called today to say reimbursement is on the way. Good deal, eh?