Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Flatstoppers alternatives?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have experience with these Flatstoppers?

http://www.discountramps.com/flat-stoppers.htm

Do they work as advertised? What's on the bottom? I can see that you'd need some type of non slip material that works very well or else you'd have to fix them to the floor.

I'd like to know if there are any reasonably priced alternatives or even home made solutions.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 02:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
4 cinder blocks = $5
Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 PM

I don't see how cinder blocks would accomplish the same thing so I assume that is a joke.

I drive my SL600 about once per month. I have had issues in the past with my tires developing flat spots. I think the Flatstopper idea might be a good one; i.e. allow the tires to be much better supported than flat pavement as well as provide convenient easy use just drive on and off.

I'd be interested to hear of any experience with Flatstoppers or something similar. Or, if you have other ideas then that too.

If you are actually suggesting cinder blocks then I do not understand your suggestion, pls explain.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 AM

bmw

I drive my SL600 approxmately one month. I have had issues in the past with my tires developing flat spots. I think the Flatstopper idea might be a good one;the tires to be much better supported than flat pavement as well as provide convenient easy use just drive on and off.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by mikem8
I don't see how cinder blocks would accomplish the same thing so I assume that is a joke.

I drive my SL600 about once per month. I have had issues in the past with my tires developing flat spots. I think the Flatstopper idea might be a good one; i.e. allow the tires to be much better supported than flat pavement as well as provide convenient easy use just drive on and off.

I'd be interested to hear of any experience with Flatstoppers or something similar. Or, if you have other ideas then that too.

If you are actually suggesting cinder blocks then I do not understand your suggestion, pls explain.

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply.

Jack up the car and have it rest on the 4 cylinder block, you won't get flat spots that way. You just have to jack up the car before and after you drive the car.

But then you could always just drive it every week