Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes merchandise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230Kompressor
Mercedes merchandise

Just curious if anyone else has run into this:
So I get a $50 gift certificate from my dealership to buy MB stuff, and I have to order through them. So I go on line and pick out a few things, and go down to order them. When they give me the bill (I knew I was a couple of $$ over the $50 certificate), It's almost $40 over the pricing on the "Collection" website! I of course said "WTF?". They looked the items up in their computer, and that was the pricing. I said that it was different from the web, and they said that that was the pricing they were showing. So I said "I'll e-mail you the link." (they couldn't find the MBUSA site after about 10 minutes of searching).
In any event, after they got the link, they said "Ok, we'll go ahead and do these for the web pricing this time, but our prices are different." Just as an example, the shirt I ordered was $25 on line, and they wanted $45 for it! Jeez! So I guess my point is, if you want MB merchandise, check the prices on the web vs. the dealer-they (at least mine) mark it up.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black 2001 Mustang GT
I bought a T shirt from the local dealer once. I believe it was $17. Still have it, but hardly ever wear it.