Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

cost to paint and fit a bumper.... BRABUS users please chime in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 - W209 CLK (gone)
cost to paint and fit a bumper.... BRABUS users please chime in

So here's the story:

I got hit n run last month in Seattle's Chinatown. My rear bumper got cracked. So I bring it to the insurance and they gave me a check to repair it.

Rather than change into a stock rear bumper, I get a brabus rear bumper for my w209 clk from carnutz. Its an reputable shop here in the Northwest.
Here's their website: http://www.carnutzcustomz.com/

So I bring it in to pacific autobody to get it painted and fitted. I left my car there for 9 days to get it done. They do a decent work for the paint.
Here's their website: http://www.pacificautobody.net/

So today I pick the car up and they give me a bill for $1400. The bill is only for the paint and fitting the bumper in. They said that the bumper has a bad fitment and scratches that needs to be primered. The PDC holes is also too small for the car. They need to bore it out to make it larger. I saw that the bumper has mounts inside but they say that the mounts are different and therefore, they need to take the mounts out of the old bumper and make it fit. It cost me over $1000 for the labor.

I just don't expect this from an original BRABUS bumper.

I thought the fitment would not be a problem at all. Why I get spend 1400 in a bumper and spend another 1400 on fitting it. So I spend $2800 just to get this bumper into my car. I should just get a replica bumper and make it fit. It will be cheaper.

Is the fitment of the BRABUS bumper bad like what I experienced or maybe one of the shop is f***kin with me? please give your opinion or maybe your experience with brabus parts. I still couldn't believe i need to spend this much money on a rear bumper.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C219 CLS / W220 † / W211† / W210 E55 † / W210 Brabus † / Hamann 540i † /
WOW. My old W210 E Class was almost a full BRABUS, just minus the motor, purchased it from the Costa Mesa, Ca shop back in the day. Kit cost $$$$$ but I think I paid $400-450 for the entire kit to be installed and painted. Install was easy, as it was just pull off old stuff and clip in new stuff. I had some local tuner place do it for me. If its real Brabus it should fit perfect. It should be black polyurethane plastic and say Brabus on the inside. If it wasnt than maybe it could have had fitment issues, if not they are jerking you around.